- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
The book's research-based reading and writing lesson plans follow a balanced literacy model and include the following:
• Plenty of modeling, scaffolding, guided practice, and independent practice
• A focus on skills such as writing letters and personal narratives, understanding genres, and recognizing story elements and main idea
• Step-by-step procedures that are easy to follow and implement immediately
• Supplemental reproducibles and lists of suggested texts
• Similar terminology and methods throughout the grades so students and teachers start on even footing each year
Best of all, with minor modifications, you can implement this framework into your existing curriculum.
Primary-grade students deserve a solid literacy foundation, and their teachers deserve quality instructional ideas to help them meet state- and federally mandated goals. This resource provides both and can serve as a great tool for any teacher, administrator, curriculum developer, or literacy.
Posted September 30, 2008