The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology With STUDENT CONSULT Online Access / Edition 9by Keith L. Moore, T. V. N. Persaud, Mark G. Torchia
Pub. Date: 12/19/2011
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, by Drs. Keith L. Moore, T.V.N. Persaud, and Mark G. Torchia, delivers the world’s most complete, visually rich, and clinically oriented coverage of this complex subject. Written by some of the world’s most famous anatomists, it presents week-by-week and stage-by-stage views of how fetal organs
The Developing Human: Clinically Oriented Embryology, by Drs. Keith L. Moore, T.V.N. Persaud, and Mark G. Torchia, delivers the world’s most complete, visually rich, and clinically oriented coverage of this complex subject. Written by some of the world’s most famous anatomists, it presents week-by-week and stage-by-stage views of how fetal organs and systems develop, why and when birth defects occur, and what roles the placenta and fetal membranes play in development. You can also access the complete contents online at www.studentconsult.com, along with 17 remarkable animations, downloadable illustrations, additional review questions and answers, and more.
• Access the full contents of the book online at www.studentconsult.com - as well as 17 remarkable animations that bring normal and abnormal embryological development to life, and hundreds of additional review questions and answers to test your mastery of the material.
• Acquire a detailed grasp of human embryology with the world’s most comprehensive, richly illustrated, and clinically oriented coverage from a cadre of leading world authorities.
• Effectively prepare for exams with review questions and answers at the end of each chapter.
• Understand all of the latest advances in embryology, including normal and abnormal embryogenesis, causes of birth defects, and the role of genes in human development.
• See how discoveries in molecular biology have affected clinical practice, including the development of sophisticated new techniques such as recumbent DNA technology and stem cell manipulation.
• Prepare for the USMLE Step 1 with clinical case presentations, highlighted in special boxes, that demonstrate how embryology concepts relate to clinical practice.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 8.50(w) x 10.80(h) x 0.80(d)
Table of Contents
1 Introduction to the Developing Human
2 First Week of Human Development
3 Second Week of Human Development
4 Third Week of Human Development
5 Fourth to Eighth Weeks of Human Development
6 Ninth Week to Birth: The Fetal Period
7 Placenta and Fetal Membranes
8 Body Cavities and Diaphragm
9 Pharyngeal Apparatus, Face, and Neck
10 Respiratory System
11 Alimentary System
12 Urogenital System
13 Cardiovascular System
14 Skeletal System
15 Muscular System
16 Development of Limbs
17 Nervous System
18 Development of Eyes and Ears
19 Integumentary System
20 Human Birth Defects
21 Common Signaling Pathways Used During Development
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >