- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Online education in nursing is an exciting, rapidly changing field. Keeping pace with these changes, this new edition includes everything an educator needs to know about developing an online learning environment. The book provides practical guidelines on using the Web to teach student nurses, train or retrain nurses, and certify competencies and skills.
This updated edition also includes cutting-edge research on clinical education and training, consumer education, and blended learning, which integrates classroom and online teaching methods. Also included are current online resources, links, and references.
As the most comprehensive and thorough guidebook on online nursing education, this book is an essential resource for nursing instructors looking to expand their knowledge of the Web, technology, and the online nursing environment.
1. Introduction to Web-Based Teaching and Learning
2. Theories of Learning and the Online Environment
3. Developing the Infrastructure for Online Learning: Student, Faculty, and Technical Support
4. Technologies and Competencies Needed for Online Learning
5. Re-conceptualizing the Online Course
6. Designing the Online Learning Environment
7. Interacting and Communicating Online
8. Clinical Medical Education and Training
9. Consumer Education
10. Creating Blended Learning Environments
11. Assessment and Evaluation of Online Learning
Posted March 5, 2014
Posted March 6, 2014