Developing Professional Applications; For Windows 95 and NT Using MFC, with CD-ROMby Marshall Brain, Lance Lovette
Developing Professional Applications in Windows 95 and NT Using MFC is a single-volume information store for Visual C++ programmers at every skill level. This book explains how to create cutting-edge Windows applications using Visual C++, MFC, and tools like the AppWizard and ClassWizard. It also shows you how to take advantage of advanced professional/u>/b>/i>… See more details below
Developing Professional Applications in Windows 95 and NT Using MFC is a single-volume information store for Visual C++ programmers at every skill level. This book explains how to create cutting-edge Windows applications using Visual C++, MFC, and tools like the AppWizard and ClassWizard. It also shows you how to take advantage of advanced professional features--things like splash screens, expanding dialogs, subclassed graphical lists, and modeless dialogs--that truly distinguish your applications in the marketplace. Different entry points help you get started immediately, regardless of prior experience.
This book has two distinctive features that make it much more valuable to you. The most important is the fact that it is completely version-free. Since Visual C++ now evolves so rapidly, every version-specific feature has been isolated in a single appendix which is updated on the web at each version change. This saves you the cost of purchasing a new book every three months and lets us supply new material to you constantly. The CD also contains a complete electronic version of the book along with the Adobe Acrobat reader. You can therefor read the book on your workstation as you work through the examples.
The book is composed of five different parts.
- Part 1 covers fundamental concepts and theory, and is essential for anyone new to MFC.
- Part 2 examines a variety of important MFC classes and tools to prepare you for application development. Resource editors, canned dialogs, list and edit controls, debugging and utility classes and the Windows drawing model are extensively covered.
- Part 3 introduces the AppWizard and ClassWizard. These tools are designed to accelerate your development cycle. Five in-depth example applications show you every nuance and will make you completely comfortable with these tools.
- Part 4 discusses professional features that you will want to add to all of your applications. Detailed discussions are provided for DDX and DDV, splash screens, pop-up menus, top-most applications and much more.
- Part 5 covers advanced MFC classes and shows how to add database, OLE and thread support to your applications.
The included CD contains all source code for the book, as well as a complete on-line index. A special Examples directory lets you follow along with the book and quickly work through the examples on your own. Also included is the complete electronic image of the book which allows you to read the book on your screen as you are working through the examples and learning about the tools.
Developing Professional Applications in Windows 95 and NT using MFC answers all of your questions about Visual C++ and gives constant attention to professional details. Its pages are filled with techniques, tips and an unmatched collection of high-end example code that you will use every day.
- Simon & Schuster Adult Publishing Group
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.07(w) x 9.12(h) x 1.36(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >