Developing the Curriculum / Edition 6by Peter F. Oliva
Pub. Date: 06/08/2004
Publisher: Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
Drawing from classic and current studies, this textbook offers a synthesis of historical and contemporary principles and practices related to the creation of effective curricula. Oliva (formerly, Southern Illinois University) also offers a new model that combines curriculum and instruction, identifying the challenges at each stage. Particular attention is given to the theoretical dimensions of curriculum development, the roles of school personnel, the components of the development process, and outcomes and controversies. Annotation ©2004 Book News, Inc., Portland, OR
- Allyn & Bacon, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.70(w) x 9.50(h) x 1.13(d)
Table of Contents1. Curriculum and Instruction Defined.
2. Principles of Curriculum Development.
3. Curriculum Planning: A Multilevel, Multisector Process.
4. Curriculum Planning: the Human Dimension.
5. Models for Curriculum Development.
6. Philosophy and Aims of Education.
7. Needs Assessment.
8. Curriculum Goals and Objectives.
9. Organizing and Implementing the Curriculum.
10. Instructional Goals and Objectives.
11. Selecting and Implementing Strategies of Instruction.
12. Evaluating Instruction.
13. Evaluating the Curriculum.
14. Problems in Curriculum Development.
15. Curriculum Products.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >