Developmental-Behavioral Pediatrics: Expert Consult - Online and Print / Edition 4by William B. Carey, William L. Coleman, Allen C. Crocker, Heidi M. Feldman
Pub. Date: 05/12/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
The fourth edition of Developmental-Behavioral Pediatricsthe pioneering, original text emphasizes children’s assets and liabilities, not just categorical labels. It includes fresh perspectives from new editorsDrs. William Coleman, Ellen Elias, and Heidi Feldman, as well as further contributions from two of the original editors, William B.
- Elsevier Textbook Sale
The fourth edition of Developmental-Behavioral Pediatricsthe pioneering, original text emphasizes children’s assets and liabilities, not just categorical labels. It includes fresh perspectives from new editorsDrs. William Coleman, Ellen Elias, and Heidi Feldman, as well as further contributions from two of the original editors, William B. Carey, M.D, and Allen C. Crocker, M.D. This comprehensive resource offers information and guidance on normal development and behavior: genetic influences, the effect of general physical illness and psychosocial and biologic factors on development and behavior. It is also sufficiently scholarly and scientific to serve as a definitive reference for researchers, teachers, and consultants. With a more user-friendly design and online access through Expert Consult functionality, this resource offers easy access comprehensive guidance.
• Features new chapters dealing with genetic influences on development and behavior, crisis management, coping strategies, self-esteem, self-control, and inborn errors of metabolism to cover the considerable advances and latest developments in the field.
• Focuses on the clinical aspects of function and dysfunction, rather than arranging subjects according to categorical labels.
• Emphasizes children’s assets as well as their liability so you get a well-developed approach to therapeutic management.
• Concludes each chapter with a summary of the principle points covered, with tables, pictures and diagrams to clarify and enhance the presentation.
• Offers a highly practical focus, emphasizing evaluation, counseling, medical treatment, and follow-up.
• Features superb photos and figures that illustrate a wide variety of concepts.
• Offers access to the full text online through Expert Consult functionality at www. expertconsult.com for convenient reference from any practice location.
• Features new chapters dealing withGenetic Influences on Development and Behavior, Crisis Management, Coping Strategies, Self-Esteem, Self-Control, and Inborn Errors of Metabolism.
• Presents a new two-color design and artwork for a more visually appealing and accessible layout.
• Provides the latest drug information in the updated and revised chapters on psychopharmacology.
• Introduces Drs. William Coleman, Ellen Elias, and Heidi Feldman to the editorial team to provide current and topical guidance and enrich the range of expertise and clinical experience.
• Covers the considerable advances and latest developments in this subspecialty through updates and revisions to existing material.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 11.10(h) x 1.60(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >