I. FOUNDATIONS OF EARLY CHILDHOOD EDUCATION.
1. Developmentally Appropriate Practice: An Evolving Framework for Teaching Young Children.
2. Teaching and Learning in Developmentally Appropriate Programs.
II. SETTING THE STAGE FOR LEARNING.
3. Planning and Implementing Effective Small-Group Activities.
4. Planning and Implementing Effective Whole-Group Activities.
5. Organizing Space, Materials, Time.
6. Child Guidance in Early Childhood Classrooms.
7. Evaluating and Guiding Children's Progress by Using Authentic Assessment.
8. Strengthening Developmentally Appropriate Programs Through Family Involvement.
III. THE CURRICULUM.
9. The Aesthetic Domain.
10. The Affective Domain.
11. The Cognitive Domain.
12. The Language Domain.
13. The Physical Domain.
14. The Social Domain.
IV. INTEGRATING CURRICULUM.
15. Integrating Curriculum Through Pretend and Construction Play.
16. Integrating Curriculum by Using Themes and Projects.
Appendix A: Sample Lesson Plans.
Appendix B: Field Trips.
Appendix C: The Big, Big Turnip