Diabetes Care and Patient Educationby CME Resource/NetCE, Susan Semb
Upon completion of this course,
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
The purpose of this course is to provide nurses and behavioral health professionals with the information and resources needed to develop proficiency in teaching and caring for the patient with diabetes. In addition, members of the public may use this course to enhance their personal knowledge of the subject matter presented.
Upon completion of this course, you should be able to:
1. Discuss the significance of diabetes in terms of prevalence and costs.
2. Outline the pathophysiology of diabetes.
3. Identify various classifications of diabetes.
4. Recognize the acute complications of diabetes, including hyperglycemia, diabetic ketoacidosis, and hyperosmolar hyperglycemic syndrome.
5. Identify the chronic complications of diabetes and the patient education principles related to each.
6. Discuss the importance of facilitating diabetes self-care and describe interventions that support it.
7. Identify components of effective diabetes self-management education programs.
8. Analyze benefits and practices related to blood glucose monitoring.
9. Describe meal planning methods and nutritional guidelines for people with diabetes.
10. Discuss medications for diabetes in terms of mechanism of action, nursing implications, and patient teaching principles.
11. Recall the principles and practices of insulin therapy, including measures to prevent and treat hypoglycemia.
12. Outline benefits and precautions related to exercise for the person with diabetes.
13. Discuss the pathology of the diabetic foot and standards of preventive care.
14. Describe the impact of stress on blood glucose control.
15. Define cultural competence and discuss its relevance to diabetes care.
This 15-hour continuing education course is available for download for professional development; if continuing education credit is desired, please see instructions included in eBook.
- CME Resource/NetCE
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- Sales rank:
- File size:
- 534 KB
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >