Part I: Epidemiology of Diabetes Mellitus:.
1. Primary Prevention of Type 2 Diabetes: Current Status: Jaakko Tuomilehto.
2. An Update on the Aetiology and Epidemiology of Diabetes Mellitus: Ernest Adeghate, Peter Schattner and Earl Dunn.
Part II: Metabolic Syndrome:.
3. Inflammation in Metabolic Syndrome and Type 2 Diabetes: Impact of Dietary Glucose: Kerstin Kempf, Bettina Rose, Christian Herder, Ursula Kleophas, Stephan Martin, Hubert Kolb.
Part III: New Agent for the Treatment of Diabetes Mellitus:.
4. Insulin Analogues and Modern Insulin Therapy: Philip Home.
Part IV: Immunology of Diabetes, Pancreas and Pancreas and Transplantation:.
5. Functional Capacity of Macrophages Determine the Induction of Type-1 Diabetes: EPK Mensah-Brown, A. Shahin, Khatija Parekh, A. Al Hakim, M. Al Shamisi, DK. Hsu, M.L. Lukic.
6. Effect of Insulin on Acetylcholine–evoked Amylase Release and Calcium Mobilization in Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rat Pancreatic Acinar Cells: R. Patel, J.A. Pariente, M.A. Martinez, G.M. Salido and J. Singh.
7. Mechanism of Exocrine Pancreatic Insufficiency in Streptozotocin-Induced Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus: R. Patel, A. Shervington, J.A. Pariente, MA. Martinez-Burgos, GM. Salido, E. Adeghate and J. Singh.
Part V: Gestational Diabetes:.
8. Beneficial Effect of Supplemental Lipoic Acid on Diabetes-Induced Pregnancy Loss in the Mouse: Rengasamy Padmanabhan, Shafiullah Mohamed, and Sarabjit Singh.
9. Audit of Pregnancies Complicated by DM from One Centre- 5 Years Apart with Selective Versus Universal Screening: M. Ezimokhai, Annie Joseph, P. Bradley-Watson.
Part VI: Cardiovascular Complications of Diabetes:.
10. Blockade of Renin-Angiotensin System Attenuates Sarcolemma and Sarcoplasmic Reticulum Remodeling in Chronic Diabetes: Xueliang Liu, Hideaki Suzuki, Rajat Sethi, Paramjit S. Tappia, Nobuakira Takeda and Naranjan S. Dhalla.
11. Effects of Brain Natriuretic Peptide on Contraction and Intracellular Ca2+ in Ventricular Myocytes from Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetic Rat: Frank C Howarth, Noura Al Shamsi, Maryam Al Qaydi, Mariam Al Mazrouei, Anwar Qureshi, S.I. Chandranath, Elsadig Kazzam, Abdu Adem.
12. Differences in Expression of Cardiovascular Risk Factors among Type 2 Diabetes Mellitus (T2DM) Patients of Different Age: Christos Kalofoutis, Christina Piperi, Aikaterini Zisaki, Jaipaul Singh, Robert W. Lea, David Phoenix, Antonis Alaveras, Anastasios Kalofoutis.
13. Effect of Streptozotocin-Induced Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus on Contraction, Calcium Transient and Cation Contents in the Isolated Rat Heart: J. Singh, A. Chonkar, N. Bracken, E. Adeghate, Z. Latt and M. Hussain.
14. Type II Diabetes Mellitus and Cardiovascular Risk factors: Current Therapeutic Approaches: Christos Kalofoutis, Christina Piperi, Anastasios Kalofoutis, Fred Harris, David Phoenix and Jaipaul Singh.
Part VII: Diabetic Nephropathy:.
15. Alterations in Atrial Natriuretic Peptide and its Receptor Levels in Streptozotocin- Induced Long-Term Diabetic Rats: Enyioma Obineche, Irwin Chandranath, Ernest Adeghate, Sheela Benedict, Mohamed Fahim, and Abdu Adem.
Part VIII: Diabetic Neuropathy:.
16. Diabetic Neuropathy Differs in Type 1 and Type 2 Diabetes: Anders A.F. Sima and Hideki Kamiya.
17. Treatment of Diabetic Polyneuropathy - Update 2006: Dan Ziegler.
18. The Effect of Streptozotocin-Induced Diabetes on the Rat Seminal Vesicle: A Possible Pathophysiological Basis for Disorders of Ejaculation: JFB Morrison, S. Dhanasekaran, Rajan Sheen, CM Frampton and Eric Mensah-Brown.
19. Changes of the Different Neuropeptide-Containing Nerve Fibres and Immunocells in the Diabetic Rat’s Alimentary Tract: Erzsebet Fehér.
20. Pattern of Distribution of Calcitonin-Gene Related Peptide in the Spinal Ganglion of Three Animal Models of Diabetes Mellitus: Ernest Adeghate, Hameed Rashed, Satyan Rajbandari and Jaipaul Singh.
Part IX: Diabetes Education/Screening/Community Health:.
21. An Audit of Diabetes Clinic at Tawam Hospital, United Arab Emirates 2004-2005: B. Afandi, S. Ahmad, H. Saadi, S. Elkhumaidi, MA Karkoukli, B. Kelly, H. Assaf, D. Matear.
22. A Controlled Study of Psychosocial Factors in Young People with Diabetes in the United Arab Emirates: Valsamma Eapen, AbdelAzim Mabrouk, Sufian Sabri, Salem Bin-Othman.
23. Diabetic Patients: Psychological Aspects: Fatemeh Adili and Bagher Larijani.
24. Effect of Psychological Intervention on Exercise Adherence in Type 2 Diabetic Subjects: Robert Martinus, Rod Corban, Henning Wackerhage, Steve Atkins and Jaipaul Singh.
Part X: Nutrition:.
25. The Effect of a Fat-Enriched Diet on the Pattern of Distribution of Pancreatic Islet Cells in the C57BL/6J Mice: Ernest Adeghate, Frank Christopher Howarth, Hameed Rashed, Tariq Saeed and Amstrong Gbewonyo.
26. Effect of Vitamin C on Liver and Kidney Functions in Normal and Diabetic Rats: Mariam Al Shamsi, Amr Amin, and Ernest Adeghate.
27. The Protective Effect of Tribulus Terrestris in Diabetes: Amr Amin, Mohamed Lotfy, Mohamed Shafiullah, Ernest Adeghate.
28. Effect of High Calorie Diet on the Prevalence of Diabetes Mellitus in the One-Humped Camel (Camelus dromedaries): M. Al Haj Ali, Fred Nyberg, S. I. Chandranath, A.S. Ponery, A. Adem, E. Adeghate.
29. Effect of Vitamin E on Biochemical Parameters of Normal and Diabetic Rats: Mariam Al Shamsi, Amr Amin and Ernest Adeghate.
Part XI: Neuromuscular System and Diabetes:.
30. Contraction and Cation Contents of Skeletal Soleus and EDL Muscles in Age-Matched Control and Diabetic Rats: Apurva Chonkar, Richard Hopkin, Ernest Adeghate and Jaipaul Singh.
Part XII: Molecular Genetics of Diabetes:.
31. Calpains and Their Multiple Roles in Diabetes Mellitus: Frederick Harris, Suman Biswas, Jaipaul Singh, Sarah Dennison and David A. Phoenix.
32. Lipid Peroxidation and Serum Antioxidant Enzymes in Patients with Non-Insulin Dependent Diabetes mellitus (NIDDM). Feroza N Ahmed, Farzana N. Naqvi and Fakhra Shafiq.
Part XIII: Miscellaneous:.
33. Effects of Streptozotocin-Induced Type 1 Diabetes Mellitus on Total Protein Concentrations and Cation Contents in the Isolated Pancreas, Parotid, Submandibular and Lacrimal Glands of Rats: Navin R. Changrani, Apurva Chonka, Ernest Adeghate and Jaipaul Singh.
34. Mucormycosis Mimics Sinusitis in a Diabetic Adult: György Szalai, Veronika Fellegi, Zsuzsana Szabó, Lajos Csokonai Vitéz