A Comprehensive Guide to Foot Care for Diabetes Patients and Their Caregivers
People with diabetes often experience a myriad of complications, but some of the most devastating troubles occur in the feet. Maintaining proper foot care is crucial to ensuring optimal foot health and avoiding more serious problems such as hospitalization, chronic wound care, and amputation.
Whether you have diabetes or are caring for someone with this disease, Diabetic Foot Care provides everything you need to know to keep feet strong and healthy while living with diabetes.
In addition to a basic overview of diabetes and common foot problems related to diabetes, Diabetic Foot Care also includes:
• Basic care for feet’s skin and nails
• Tips on the best shoes and socks for a comfortable fit
• Safe exercise and diet tips to promote foot health
• Guide to finding and seeing a doctor
• Overview of medications for specific foot problems