Diagnosing and Changing Organizational Culture: Based on the Competing Values Framework / Edition 2by Kim S. Cameron
Pub. Date: 11/30/2005
Diagnosing and Changing Organizational Culture provides a framework, a sense-making tool, a set of systematic steps, and a methodology for helping managers and their organizations carefully analyze and alter their fundamental culture. Authors Cameron and Quinn focus on the methods and mechanisms that are available to help managers and change agents transform the most fundamental elements of their organizations. The authors also provide instruments to help individuals guide the change process at the most basic levelculture. Diagnosing and Changing Organizational Culture offers a systematic strategy for internal or external change agents to facilitate foundational change that in turn makes it possible to support and supplement other kinds of change initiatives.
In Diagnosing and Changing Organizational Culture, the authors
- Discuss the importance of understanding organizational culture and its place in facilitating or inhibiting organizational improvement efforts
- Provide an instrument for diagnosing organizational culture and include instructions for how to complete and score the instrument
- Illustrate how organizations have designed a strategy to change their current culture to better match their preferred culture
- Focus on the personal change needed to support and facilitate culture change
- Provide an instrument that helps managers identify the key competencies they will need to develop or improve in order to foster organizational culture change
- Include suggestions for initiating culture change in each of four types of culturesmarket culture, adhocracy culture, clan culture, and hierarchy culture
- Offer lists of suggestions for improving management skills and competencies
Table of Contents
2. The Organizational Culture Assessment Instrument.
3. The Competing Values Framework.
4. Constructing An Organizational Culture Profile.
5. Using the Framework to Diagnose and Change Organizational Culture.
6. Individual Change as a Key to Culture Change.
7. A Condensed Formula for Organizational Culture Change.
Appendix I: Definition, Dimensions, Reliability, and Validity of the Organizational Culture Assessment Instrument
Appendix II: The Managerial Leadership Skills Instrument.
Appendix III: Suggestions for Changing Culture in Each Quadrant.
Appendix IV: Suggestions for Improving Personal Management Competencies.
Appendix V: Plotting Forms and Profiles.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews