Diagnosis and Treatment Planning in Counseling / Edition 3by Linda Seligman
As the counseling field enters its second century, students and professionals face more challenges than ever before. Linda Seligman’s essential text Diagnosis and Treatment Planning in Counseling has evolved as well, and this third edition synthesizes the latest developments with the spectrum of counseling interventions to create a vital source of practical,… See more details below
As the counseling field enters its second century, students and professionals face more challenges than ever before. Linda Seligman’s essential text Diagnosis and Treatment Planning in Counseling has evolved as well, and this third edition synthesizes the latest developments with the spectrum of counseling interventions to create a vital source of practical, up-to-date information. The author recognizes clinicians’ varied roles – mentor, mediator, teacher, coach – and keeps them all in focus, assuring her readers of more effective treatment for clients and steadier footing on their own career paths.
Key features of the third edition:
• An overview of the changing face of counseling, from emerging employment opportunities to core competencies for counselors and trainers.
• A broad range of qualitative and quantitative assessment tools, with guidelines for their selection and interpretation.
• A thorough review of the current edition of the Diagnostic and Statistic Manual of Mental Disorders, including strategies for multiaxial assessment.
• The DO A CLIENT MAP, a comprehensive structured approach to treatment planning.
• Expanded coverage of individual, family, and group interventions
• An updated chapter on documentation, report writing, and record keeping, with sample reports and forms.
• Brand-new chapters on career and organizational development counseling, and ethical standards for counselors.
• A predictions chapter identifying trends most likely to influence the future of the field.
• Case studies, models, and examples throughout.
A worthy addition to any counselor education program, this important volume is equally useful to both beginning and seasoned counselors, whether the setting is the psychiatric clinic, the school, or the rehab center. Seligman clearly sets out the concepts and strategies the reader needs to know to be the flexible, proactive counselor of today – and tomorrow.
- Springer US
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- 3rd ed. 2004
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 1.25(w) x 9.00(h) x 6.00(d)
Table of Contents
The Evolving Role of the Counselor.- Opportunities for the Mental Health Counselor.-Diagnostic Systems and Their Use.- The Use of Assessment in Diagnosis and Treatment Planning.- Intake Interviews and Their Role in Diagnosis and Treatment Planning.- The Nature and Importance of Treatment Planning.- Theories and Strategies of Individual Counseling.- Diagnosis and Treatment Planning for Families.- Assessment and Treatment Planning for Groups.- Counseling For Career and Organizational Development.-Documentation, Report Writing, and Record Keeping in Counseling.- Ethical and Professional Development for Counselors.- Future Trends and Predictions in Counseling.-Appendix.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >