Diagnostic Surgical Pathology of the Head and Neck: Expert Consult - Online and Print / Edition 2by Douglas R. Gnepp
Pub. Date: 04/14/2009
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
This resource is the authoritative guide to problematic areas of the head and neck for the surgical pathologist. With particular emphasis placed on diagnostic problems and differential diagnosis in addition to coverage of more common diagnostically straightforward lesions, you’ll get the most complete diagnostic picture possible. The updated second edition… See more details below
This resource is the authoritative guide to problematic areas of the head and neck for the surgical pathologist. With particular emphasis placed on diagnostic problems and differential diagnosis in addition to coverage of more common diagnostically straightforward lesions, you’ll get the most complete diagnostic picture possible. The updated second edition features new coverage and a more user-friendly layout. Expert Consult functionality allows you to access the entire contents of the book online, from any internet connection.
• Features the most comprehensive collection of head and neck pathology specimens in one reference for comparison with your findings.
• Covers rare as well as common diagnoses to help you identify even the most obscure disease entities.
• Provides clinicopathologic correlations throughout to give you all the information you need to formulate a complete diagnostic report.
• Emphasizes differential diagnosis and avoiding diagnostic pitfalls so you can overcome difficult diagnostic challenges.
• Covers FNA cytology, molecular genetic techniques, and immunohistochemistry to present the most compete diagnostic picture possible.
• Presents a brand-new chapter on specimen handling to ensure effective processing and reporting of head and neck specimens.
• Features more than 1700 full-color illustrations that capture the pathologic and cytopathologic appearances of the full range of common and rare neoplastic and non-neoplastic lesions.
• Allows you to access the entire contents of the book online, from any internet connection, via Expert Consult functionality.
Your purchase entitles you to access the web site until the next edition is published, or until the current edition is no longer offered for sale by Elsevier, whichever occurs first. If the next edition is published less than one year after your purchase, you will be entitled to online access for one year from your date of purchase. Elsevier reserves the right to offer a suitable replacement product (such as a downloadable or CD-ROM-based electronic version) should online access to the web site be discontinued.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 9.00(w) x 11.20(h) x 2.40(d)
Table of Contents
1. Precancerous Changes of the Upper Aerodigestive System
2. Squamous Cell Carcinoma of the Upper Aerodigestive System
3. Non-Squamous Lesions of the Nose, Paranasal Sinuses and Nasopharynx
4. Non-Squamous Lesions of the Oral Cavity and Oropharynx
5. Non-Squamous Lesions of the Larynx, Hypopharynx and Trachea
6. Salivary Gland (Major and Minor) and Lacrimal Gland
7. Thyroid and Parathyroid
8. Soft Tissue and Bone Lesions
9. Odontogenic Cysts and Tumors
10. Neck - Cysts, Unknown Primary, Neck Dissection
11. Ear - External, Middle and Temporal Bone
12. Hematopoietic Lesions
13. Cutaneous Tumors and Pseudotumors
14. FNA cytology of the Head and Neck
15. Specimen Handling
Appendix: Staging for Head and Neck Tumors
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >