- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Ships from: Chatham, NJ
Usually ships in 1-2 business days
* Provides an overview of the major types of laboratory tests and diagnostic procedures to ensure patient safety and clinical accuracy.
• Features body system organization which corresponds to the organization of medical-surgical and physical assessment/examination courses in the nursing curriculum.
• Provides a complete anatomy and physiology review which provides essential background information on the body system undergoing study.
• Includes a consistent format of diagnostic studies: alternate and/or abbreviated test names, type of test, normal values, possible critical values, rationale, potential complications, interfering factors, procedure, contraindications, and nursing implications (before, during, and after).
• Features Review Questions and Answers to help the reader absorb and retain information by applying what they've learned to specific problems; answers are provided to offer direction.
• Contains useful abbreviations for units of measurement and tests.
The book contains predominantly black-and-white illustrations, with some two-color illustrations.
This book teaches nursing students how to use diagnostic tests in patient assessment and emphasizes their special role in the process. The book's body system organization, case studies with critical thinking questions, review questions, and a comprehensive practice test helps student nurses understand diagnostic testing and apply their knowledge to clinical circumstances.