Dialectical Behavior Therapy in Clinical Practice: Applications across Disorders and Settings / Edition 1by Linda A. Dimeff
Pub. Date: 08/14/2007
Publisher: Guilford Publications, Inc.
Oringinally developed to treat suicidal individuals with severe difficulties in emotion regulation and impluse control, dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) has since been adapted to a range of settings and populations. This book bringds together leading experts to describe how to set up an DBT program and implement this cost-effective, evidence-based treatment with… See more details below
Oringinally developed to treat suicidal individuals with severe difficulties in emotion regulation and impluse control, dialectical behavior therapy (DBT) has since been adapted to a range of settings and populations. This book bringds together leading experts to describe how to set up an DBT program and implement this cost-effective, evidence-based treatment with adults, adolescents, couples and families, and forensic clients. Applications are presented for depression, substance dependence, eating disorders, psychosis, suicidal and assaultive behaviors, and other complex, difficult-to-treat problems. Each chapter has been rigorously reviewed for both reeal-worl practical utility and adherence to DBT principles.
- Guilford Publications, Inc.
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.00(w) x 10.00(h) x (d)
Table of Contents
1. Overview of Dialectical Behavior Therapy, Kelly Koerner and Linda A. Dimeff
2. Adopt or Adapt?: Fidelity Matters, Kelly Koerner, Linda A. Dimeff, and Charles R. Swenson
3. Implementing Standard Dialectical Behavior Therapy in an Outpatient Setting, Kathryn A. Comtois, Cedar R. Koons, Soonie A. Kim, Sharon Y. Manning, Elisabeth Bellows, and Linda A. Dimeff
4. Dialectical Behavior Therapy on Inpatient Units, Charles R. Swenson, Suzanne Witterholt, and Martin Bohus
5. Implementing Dialectical Behavior Therapy in Residential Forensic Settings with Adults and Juveniles, Robin A. McCann, André Ivanoff, Henry Schmidt, and Bradley Beach
6. Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Individuals with Borderline Personality Disorder and Substance Dependence, Shelley McMain, Jennifer Sayrs, Linda A. Dimeff, and Marsha M. Linehan
7. Dialectical Behavior Therapy and Eating Disorders, Lucene Wisniewski, Debra Safer, and Eunice Chen
8. Dialectical Behavior Therapy with Families, Alan E. Fruzzetti, Daniel A. Santisteban, and Perry D. Hoffman
9. Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Adolescents, Alec L. Miller, Jill H. Rathus, Anthony P. DuBose, Elizabeth T. Dexter-Mazza, and Arielle R. Goldklang
10. Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Depression with Comorbid Personality Disorder: An Extension of Standard Dialectical Behavior Therapy with a Special Emphasis on the Treatment of Older Adults, Thomas R. Lynch and Jennifer S. Cheavens
11. Dialectical Behavior Therapy for Assertive Community Treatment Teams, Sarah K. Reynolds, Randy Wolbert, Gwen Abney-Cunningham, and Kimberly Patterson
12. Evaluating Your Dialectical Behavior Therapy Program, Shireen L. Rizvi, Maria Monroe-DeVita, and Linda A. Dimeff
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
Excellent compendium of first rate knowledge and experience from some of the leading practitioners in the field. Assumes knowledge of behavior management and psychological theories. First rate publication.