Differentiated Instruction for the Middle School Math Teacher: Activities and Strategies for an Inclusive Classroom, Grades 5-8by Joan D'Amico
Differentiated Instruction for the Middle School Math Teacher is a practical and easy-to-use resource for teaching a standards-based math curriculum to all learners. It gives you effective ways to present math concepts, shows how to provide opportunities for guided practice, and offers ideas for modifying the material to provide access to the same content standard for all students in the inclusive classroom. This book also contains key strategies for collaborating with other professionals, suggestions for involving the students' families by tying math concepts to students' everyday lives, and valuable assessment strategies.
The lessons in the book cover middle school math topics correlated to the standards of the National Council of Teachers of Math, ranging from numbers and operations to problem solving and reasoning. Each lesson includes:
- Instructions for presenting the lesson to the whole class
- Worksheets designed to help review and reinforce theconcepts presented in each lesson
- A section on how to adapt the lesson for the inclusive classroom, including descriptions of different stations for different learners
- A home-school connection with family-based everyday math activities
- Suggestions for how to assess students' grasp of the concepts presented in the lesson
- Publication date:
- Differentiated Instruction for Middle School Teachers Series , #1
- Sales rank:
- Product dimensions:
- 8.60(w) x 11.00(h) x 0.55(d)
Meet the Author
Joan D'Amico, M.A., L.D.T.C., is a learning disabilities teacher and consultant in the Garfield School District in New Jersey.?She has over 15 years of experience as a learning disabilities teacher and consultant in both public and private schools, and also has a private practice as a learning disabilities specialist.??
Kate Gallaway has over 15 years of teaching experience and has worked with districts and teachers nationwide on differentiated instruction for mathematics.? She is also the co-author of Managing Your Mathematics Classroom.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews