Digital Design / Edition 3by M. Morris Mano
Pub. Date: 08/28/2001
Publisher: Prentice Hall
New to This Edition:
- Nine sections on Verilog Hardware Description Language (HDL) inserted in discrete sections, allowing the material to be covered or skipped/b>
This is a modern revision of the classic digital design textbook. The book teaches the basic tools for the design of digital circuits in a clear, easily accessible manner.
New to This Edition:
- Nine sections on Verilog Hardware Description Language (HDL) inserted in discrete sections, allowing the material to be covered or skipped as desired. The Verilog HDL presentation is at a suitable level for beginning students who are learning digital circuits for the first time.
- Reorganized material on combinational circuits is now covered in a single chapter.
- The emphasis in the sequential circuits chapters is now on design with D flip-flops instead of JK and SR flip-flops.
- The material on memory and programmable logic is now consolidated in one chapter.
- Chapter 8 consists mostly of new material and now covers digital design in the Register Transfer Level (RTL), preparing the reader for more advanced design projects and further Verilog HDL studies.
- A new section in Chapter 11 supplements the laboratory experiments with HDL experiments. These enable the reader to check the circuits designed in the laboratory by means of hardware components and/or by HDL simulation.
- Text accompanied by Verilog simulator software>SynaptiCAD's VeriLogger Pro evaluation version, a Verilog simulation environment that combines all of the features of a traditional Verilog simulator with a powerful graphical test vector generator. Fast model testing in VeriLogger Pro allows the reader to perform bottom-up testing of every model in a design. All of the HDL examples in thebook can be found on the CD-ROM.
- A Companion Website includes resources for instructors and students such as transparency masters of all figures in the book, all HDL code examples from the book, a Verilog tutorial, tutorials on using the VeriLogger Pro software, and more.
- Binary Systems
- Boolean Algebra and Logic Gates
- Gate-Level Minimization
- Combinational Logic
- Synchronous Sequential Logic
- Registers and Counters
- Memory and Programmable Logic
- Register Transfer Level
- Asynchronous Sequential Logic
- Digital Integrated Circuits
- Laboratory Experiments
- Standard Graphic Symbols
- Prentice Hall
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.46(w) x 9.44(h) x 1.02(d)
Table of Contents1. Binary Systems.
2. Boolean Algebra and Logic Gates.
3. Gate-Level Minimization.
4. Combinational Logic.
5. Synchronous Sequential Logic.
6. Registers and Counters.
7. Memory and Programmable Logic.
8. Register Transfer Level.
9. Asynchronous Sequential Logic.
10. Digital Integrated Circuits.
11. Laboratory Experiments.
12. Standard Graphic Symbols.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >