Digital Image Processing Using MATLAB / Edition 1by Rafael Gonzalez, Richard Woods, Steven Eddins
Pub. Date: 12/03/2003
Digital Image Processing Using MATLAB is the first book that provides a balanced treatment of image processing fundamentals and the software principles used in their practical implementation. The book integrates material from the leading text, Digital Image Processing by Gonzalez and Woods, and the Image Processing Toolbox of the MathWorks. Inc., a/i>/i>… See more details below
Digital Image Processing Using MATLAB is the first book that provides a balanced treatment of image processing fundamentals and the software principles used in their practical implementation. The book integrates material from the leading text, Digital Image Processing by Gonzalez and Woods, and the Image Processing Toolbox of the MathWorks. Inc., a recognized leader in scientific computing. The Image Processing Toolbox provides a stable, well-supported set of software tools for addressing a broad range of applications in digital image processing. A unique feature of this hook is its emphasis on showing how to enhance those tools by the development of new code. This is important in image processing, where there is a need for extensive experimental work in order to arrive at acceptable problem solutions.
After an introduction to the fundamentals of MATLAB programming, the book addresses the mainstream areas of image processing. Areas covered include intensity transformations, linear and nonlinear spatial filtering, filtering in the frequency domain, image restoration and registration, color image processing, wavelets, image data compression, morphological image processing, image segmentation, regions and boundary representation and description, and object recognition.Some Highlights
- The book is self-contained.
- Over 60 new image processing functions are developeda 35% increase over the comprehensive set of functions in the Image Processing Toolbox.
- A fully documented listing of every new function developed is included in the book.
- Using C code with MATLAB is covered in detail.
- Thereare 114 examples, over 400 images, and over 150 graphs and line drawings that enhance the discussion of the material.
- All MATLAB, Image Processing Toolbox, and new functions used in the book, are conveniently summarized in an appendix.
- The design of graphical user interfaces (GUIs) is covered in detail.
- A book web site provides complimentary support.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.30(w) x 9.20(h) x 1.10(d)
Table of Contents
|About the Authors|
|3||Intensity Transformations and Spatial Filtering||65|
|4||Frequency Domain Processing||108|
|6||Color Image Processing||194|
|9||Morphological Image Processing||334|
|11||Representation and Description||426|
|App. A||Function Summary||514|
|App. B||ICE and MATLAB Graphical User Interfaces||527|
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >