Digital Satellite Communications Systems and Technologies: Military and Civil Applications / Edition 1by A. Nejat Ince
Pub. Date: 09/28/1992
Publisher: Springer US
The book is based on the results of studies carried out by a working group which was set up by NATO in 1986 to consider the future potential of satellite communications in the post 2000 era and to identify areas for significant technological thrust. It contains a substantial amount of information, most of it original, on almost every aspect of satellite… See more details below
The book is based on the results of studies carried out by a working group which was set up by NATO in 1986 to consider the future potential of satellite communications in the post 2000 era and to identify areas for significant technological thrust. It contains a substantial amount of information, most of it original, on almost every aspect of satellite communications. Starting from certain postulated trends about future SATCOM, it assesses emerging technologies and develops potential SATCOM system architectures, including space, ground and control segments, with particular emphasis on military applications which involve the most advanced and demanding techniques and technologies ranging from materials to signal and speech processing.
The mean ideas treated in the book are:
• techniques and technologies related to signal processing and switching, adaptive antennas, optical and EHF links for inter-satellite communications, AI, and robotics for SATCOM;
• system architectural concepts utilizing GEO/inclined/Tundra orbits and clustered/tethered/proliferated LEO satellites;
• national systems and developments;
• threat (electronic warfare, physical, nuclear);
• electronic counter-counter measures (ECCM);
• propagational issues (including nuclear effects);
• network and transmission issues (implementation);
• satellite payloads, power generation in space, launch vehicles;
• system management;
• cost-performance models and analysis.
This book is an excellent reference source and is suitable as a text for advanced courses on the subject of satellite communications.
- Springer US
- Publication date:
- The Springer International Series in Engineering and Computer Science, #186
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.25(h) x 0.05(d)
Table of Contents
Preface. 1. Introduction. 2. Current NATO Communications Planning (SATCOM and the NATO C3 Architecture). 3. Comparison of NATO and Other Systems. 4. Issues and Future Trends in SATCOM. 5. Threat to NATO Communications. 6. Threat Implications and Counter Measures. 7. Environment. 8. Technology Review. 9. National SATCOM Systems and Developments. 10. Possible System Architectures. 11. Cost-Performance Analysis. 12. Concluding Remarks. Index.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >