Digital Signal, Processing Application and Telecommunications / Edition 1by Kishan Shenoi
Pub. Date: 09/08/1995
Publisher: Pearson Technology Group 2
As digital signal processing parts become more easily available (and cheaper), more and more engineers are being forced to use them when doing design work. Although several excellent books cover the theory and rigorous mathematics of DSP, few—if any—have focused on the practical aspects of doing design work in DSP. This volume provides/i>/b>… See more details below
As digital signal processing parts become more easily available (and cheaper), more and more engineers are being forced to use them when doing design work. Although several excellent books cover the theory and rigorous mathematics of DSP, few—if any—have focused on the practical aspects of doing design work in DSP. This volume provides not only a solid introduction to communications theory and digital signal processing, but also provides practical information on DSP as it applies to telecommunications. Discusses communications theory, mathematics, and notation; introduces the concepts, tools, and shortcomings of DSP; provides solved mathematical examples and computer program listings for implementing the algorithms; and devotes an entire section to applications of DSP in telecommunications—echo cancellation, transmultiplexers, voice-compression, and waveform generation. For design engineers in the field of communications, engineers in the fields of defense and bio-electronics, and engineering managers.
- Pearson Technology Group 2
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.50(w) x 9.25(h) x 1.17(d)
Table of Contents
I. INTRODUCTION TO COMMUNICATIONS THEORY.
1. Introductory Concepts. 2. Representation of Signals. 3. Linear Time Variant Systems. 4. Modulation. 5. Probability, Random Variables, and Stochastic Processes. 6. Filters.
II. DIGITAL SIGNAL PROCESSING.
1. The Sampling Theorem. 2. Elementary A/D and D/A Conversion. 3. Discrete-Time Linear Time Invariant Systems. 4. Models for Digital Filters. 5. The Discrete Fourier Transform (DFT). 6. Fast Fourier Transform (FFT) Algorithms. 7. Design of Digital Filters. 8. Delta- Sigma-Modulation Techniques Applied to A/D and D/A Conversion. 9. The Least Mean Square Algorithm and Basic Adaptive Filters. 10. Fundamental Considerations in the Hardware Implementation of Digital Filters.
III. APPLICATIONS OF DSP IN TELECOMMUNICATIONS.
1. The North American Hierarchy for Digital Signals. 2. Analog-to-Digital Conversion. 3. Linear Prediction and Speech Compression. 4. Implementation of Banks of Bandpass Filters. 5. The LMS Algorithm and Its Application in Echo Cancellers. 6. Waveform Generation.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >