JON CANFIELD is the author of several popular photography books, including Print Like a Pro: A Digital Photographer’s Guide. He currently writes the “Output Options” column for Shutterbug, and he is a frequent contributor to PC Photo, Outdoor Photographer, and Digital Photo Pro magazines. His images have been published in the America 24/7 book series and featured on the MSN and Kodak Web sites. Jon is also a popular instructor at Betterphoto.com and Lepp Institute, where he teaches workshops on digital imaging, color management, and macro photography. He helped develop digital imaging products such as Picture It! and Digital Image Pro for Microsoft before devoting himself to writing and photography.
The Digital SLR Guideby Jon Canfield
Have you stepped up to a digital single-lens-reflex (dSLR) camera only to find the range of capabilities daunting? Combining features traditionally found on 35mm film cameras — precise shutter speed and exposure settings, interchangeable lenses and accessories, superior image quality — with the ease and storage capacity of digital cameras, a dSLR is a powerful new tool that can create truly great digital pictures. But the learning curve for photographers moving from the point-and-shoot digital world can be formidable. In this book, photo-grapher and industry consultant Jon Canfield shows you how to take full advantage of dSLR photography, illuminating the entire process with nuggets of hard-won expertise. He also shows you how to use popular image-editing software such as Adobe Photoshop and Adobe Photoshop Elements to improve your images.The Digital SLR Guide is brimming with tips and tricks for getting the most from your equipment. The book is heavily illustrated with images and provides everything you need to know about choosing and using dSLR cameras and equipment.
You’ll learn how to:
• Get the right stuff. Explore popular digital SLR cameras and compare accessories, such as lenses, flashes, and filters.
• Learn the camera inside and out. Master dSLR camera controls and advanced features for maximum impact.
• shoot like an expert. Cut to the chase with innovative, time-saving, and creative photography techniques.
• Edit your images. Use Photoshop and Photoshop Elements to make your pictures even better.
• Boost quality. Work with high-quality raw capture modes for the best possible photos.
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 13 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Meet the Author
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews