Digital Systems: Principles and Applications / Edition 8by Ronald J. Tocci, Neal Widmer
Pub. Date: 05/25/2000
Publisher: Pearson Education
NEW! The eighth edition features more coverage of programmable logic devices (PLDs). This technology is rapidly replacing the use of conventional small- and medium-scale ICs in modern digital systems. Interspersed throughout the text where appropriate, this PLD coverage offers students an alternative means of implementing digital logic circuits, from/b>/i>
NEW! The eighth edition features more coverage of programmable logic devices (PLDs). This technology is rapidly replacing the use of conventional small- and medium-scale ICs in modern digital systems. Interspersed throughout the text where appropriate, this PLD coverage offers students an alternative means of implementing digital logic circuits, from the simplest gates to complex systems.
NEW! Each text is packaged with two free CD-ROMs. The first CD-ROM contains the entire library of Texas Instruments Logic Data Sheets, including all TTL series, CMOS, and bus interface parts. The second CD-ROM contains:
- Circuits from the text rendered in both Electronics Workbench and CircuitMaker ® software programs. Students with access to Electronics Workbench software can open and work interactively with the Electronics Workbench circuit files to increase their understanding of concepts and to prepare for laboratory activities. Free CircuitMaker Student Version software is included on the CD-ROM, enabling students to access the CircuitMaker files.
- A limited-compile demonstration version of the PAL Expert CUPL language compiler from Logical Devices, Inc.
UPDATED! Topics that apply to digital signal processing (DSP), a very rapidly advancing technology in electronics, have been expanded and improved.
UPDATED! Digital logic technology coverage and terms often encountered in personal computer literature have been updated and improved.
UPDATED! Students have free access to the text's Companion Website at ...
- Pearson Education
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Older Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 7.99(w) x 10.00(h) x 0.49(d)
Table of Contents
(NOTE: Each chapter concludes with a Chapter Summary, Important Terms, Problems, and Answers to Section Review Questions.)
1. Introductory Concepts.
2. Number Systems and Codes.
3. Logic Gates and Boolean Algebra.
4. Combinational Logic Circuits.
5. Flip-Flops and Related Devices.
6. Digital Arithmetic: Operations and Circuits.
7. Counters and Registers.
Part II. Counter Applications: Frequency Counter. Counter Applications: Digital Clock. Integrated-Circuit Registers. Parallel In/Parallel OutThe 74ALS174/74HC174. Serial In/Serial OutThe 4731B. Parallel In/Serial OutThe 74ALS165/74HC165. Serial In/Parallel OutThe 74ALS164/74HC164. IEEE/ANSI Register Symbols. Troubleshooting. Programming PLDs as Counters Using Boolean Equations.
8. Integrated-Circuit Logic Families.
9. MSI Logic Circuits.
10. Interfacing with the Analog World.
11. Memory Devices.
12. Applications of a Programmable Logic Device.
Appendix A: Introduction to the Microprocessor and the Microcomputer.
Appendix B: Manufacturers' IC Data Sheets.
Answers to Selected Problems.
Index of ICs.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >