- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Through research in the field of social care in six European Countries (France, Germany, Italy, Norway, Spain and the U.K.) the authors of this volume highlight the role of nonprofit and commercial organizations in the new "welfare mix systems" and main social and institutional effects of such new order. This volume in the Nonprofit and Civil Society Studies series is the first attempt to bridge the relevant gap existing between the literature on the welfare state and studies on the nonprofit sector.
1. The context of new social policies in Europe; U. Ascoli, C. Ranci.
2. The mixed economy of social care in Europe; C. Ranci.
3. Voluntary social service organizations and the emerging 'contract culture' in Norway; M. Eikås, P. Selle.
4. Government, the third sector and the contract culture: the UK Experience so far; M. Taylor.
5. Dilemmas of public/private partnership in France; E. Archambaud, J. Boumendil.
6. The new partnership: the changing relationship between state and the third sector in the scenario of new social policies in Italy; U. Ascoli, E. Pavolini, C. Ranci.
7. Answers without questions? The changing contract culture in Germany and the future of a mixed welfare system; A. Evers, C. Strünck.
8. Spain: Steps toward partnership and marketisation; S. Sarasa, G. Obrador.
9. Changes in the welfare mix: the European path; U. Ascoli, C. Ranci.