Discover How to Target and Attract Prospective Clients by Mail
While fewer people read and pay attention to email offers now than three years ago, readership of postal mail has risen in the same time period. According to a survey by Vertis Customer Focus, the top three reasons that recipients eagerly open direct mail pieces are:
* The timing is right.
* The package looks interesting.
* They're anticipating a special offer or discount.
After recipients open your mail, if they feel that it speaks to their needs and concerns and they see a reason to take an action you're suggesting now, they respond. Then you have an opportunity to close the sale or to follow up with them until they're ready to buy.
In short, lead generation through postal mail transforms a universe of strangers into a manageable group of known prospects for your business, whom you can turn into customers over time. Your letter begins the process of generating loyal clients and creating "true fans."
Direct Mail Inspiration gives you ten sample letters from a wide range of service businesses. It also breaks down the process of creating your own successful lead-generating campaign into 10 easy-to-follow steps.
Some of the lead-generation strategies illustrated in the 10 letters are standard ones proven over and over again to work, while other more creative strategies that are relatively specific to the business involved will get your mind whirring on how to apply the idea to your target market and your goals.
Industries included in the sample sales letters:
* Web developer
* Bookkeeping service
* Consulting company
* Financial services firm
* Landscaping company
* Accounting firm
* Employee benefits provider
* Massage therapist
* Martial arts studio
* Business coach
The sample letters in Direct Mail Inspiration cover a large span of circumstances and opportunities, including these:
* As a new member of the Chamber of Commerce, you can send one letter free to other members. How can you best use this chance?
* You'd like to expand service into a specific geographical area where you have few customers.
* It would be nice (and smart) to convince existing customers to refer their friends and family members.
* You provide a service to children and need to attract and reassure their parents first.
* Once companies try your service, they're hooked, so how to persuade them to give you a try in the first place?
* You'd like prospective customers who may or may not think they need your services to check out your web site.
* It's tough to convince organizations who already have a vendor to give you the time of day, much less an appointment.
* You're seeking bright, ambitious professionals who aren't happy with their current employer to join your firm instead.
All the sample letters use clear, magnetic wording and proven letter-writing structures to make their case. They easily serve as models because the accompanying commentary points out particular elements, such as a headline, opening, offer or "P.S.," and explains why they were crafted the way they were.
Save hundreds of dollars off the cost of commissioning a custom-written letter by buying Direct Mail Inspiration today. Finally understand how to execute a successful lead-generating letter campaign step by step.