Discipline: Six Steps to Unleashing Your Hidden Potentialby Harris Kern
This book is about how to acquire the most important tool in one's lifetime: DISCIPLINE. Throughout the book I refer to the image of a person opening a door, seeing a reflection of him or her in a mirror. This is an image I call on again and again; because it symbolizes the relationship I built with myself in the years it took me to acquire DISCIPLINE. It was all… See more details below
This book is about how to acquire the most important tool in one's lifetime: DISCIPLINE. Throughout the book I refer to the image of a person opening a door, seeing a reflection of him or her in a mirror. This is an image I call on again and again; because it symbolizes the relationship I built with myself in the years it took me to acquire DISCIPLINE. It was all about me fulfilling a contract with myself. This book is about you and the constant struggle you have with yourself to fulfill that same promise. If you don't like what you see in the mirror, then this book can help you develop the DISCIPLINE to eventually enjoy the new you. It's a daily battle as you seek out that elusive ingredient to balancing home, career, personal time, family, and the other forces life hurls at you daily.
There are two players. It's you against you 24 hours a day. The battle lines have been drawn, and the field is filled with many obstacles, your career, family, health, taxes, etc. It's like being in a fifteen round fight everyday and the opponent is you. You're constantly hitting yourself. When you get hit and stumble, DISCIPLINE is the tool to help pick you back up again. DISCIPLINE shows you how to avoid complacency and stay focused on your goals regardless of the unplanned crises that enter your life. These six steps will guide you through to acquiring DISCIPLINE:
- Establishing a Contract with Yourself. You make the laws (priorities, rules, and guidelines) and act as your own cop to enforce them. It's mental toughness that, once acquired, will change your entire attitude.
- Establishing Goals. Setting a mental contract with yourself allows you to set goals and know that you will achieve them! Achieving your goals on time should be your minimum standard of success.
- Avoid Complacency. Constantly challenging yourself, looking for more and more creative ways to achieve goals ahead of schedule. Having a continuous thirst for knowledge, never settling for less.
- Maintain Values. Personal and professional values set the foundation for your goals as well as how you go about achieving them. You'll discover DISCIPLINE brings deep, inner satisfaction and integrates what matters most to you in life, than achieving monetary wealth.
- Uniting the Body and Mind. The path to DISCIPLINE is grueling. The only way you'll make it is if you take care of your body as well as your mind. Diet and regular exercise are of the utmost importance.
- Never Compare Yourself to Someone Else. While it's great to have role models, you need to make sure that your goals are realistic and that they're yours, not someone else's.
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.20(w) x 8.10(h) x 0.35(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >