Discover ActiveXby Richard Mansfield
In Discover ActiveX, computing and Visual Basic expert Richard Mansfield puts you in control of ActiveX controls to add new dimensions of/i>/p>/i>
You've heard about ActiveX and seen it in action on the most dynamic, interactive, and feature-packed Web sites. Now, with Discover ActiveX, you can put this exciting new technology from Microsoft to work.
In Discover ActiveX, computing and Visual Basic expert Richard Mansfield puts you in control of ActiveX controls to add new dimensions of color, animation, sound, and interactivity to your Web pages. You also discover how to use ActiveX technology with other concepts and technologies, such as Dynamic Data Exchange (DDE) and Object Linking and Embedding (OLE) -- and not just to enhance your Web site.
Discover ActiveX features a Quick Tour section to get you acquainted with this new technology. Using practical, real-world examples, Mansfield shows you how to take advantage of prebuilt, commercial ActiveX controls and incorporate them into everything from word processing documents to Web pages. And, using the VBScript language and Microsoft's ActiveX Control Pad, you can customize the controls for any of your applications.
In addition, Discover ActiveX covers how to build ActiveX controls from scratch, how to use built-in wizards to streamline development, and how to integrate controls into Web pages using VBScript.
Plus, to help you get started with ActiveX that much sooner, Discover ActiveX comes complete with a bonus CD-ROM containing essential software and resources, such as
- Microsoft's ActiveX Control Pad, an application that makes it easy to insert ActiveX controls into HTML source code
- Visual Basic 5 Control Creation Edition, an application that gives you access to a large subset ofthe features of the commercial edition of the software
- Selected demos of commercial ActiveX controls for you to try out
Finally, like all the titles in our Discover series, Discover ActiveX features the 6-Point Advantage:
- Color Tear-Out Card -- Key information and shortcuts that get you up to speed fast
- Discovery Center -- Quick summaries of the chapters' major points collected at the back of the book
- Real-Life Vignettes -- Winning stories about real people who use technology to improve their lives
- Visual Index -- Convenient picture maps that direct you to the features you're looking for
- Web Path -- Handy references to feature- or topic-related Web sites
- Bonus Section -- Added-value tips and timesaving techniques at the end of each chapter
- Wiley, John & Sons, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 7.43(w) x 9.28(h) x 1.09(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >