Read an Excerpt
Discover Your Spiritual Gifts the Network Way
DESCRIPTION AND DIRECTIONS
There is often a correlation between Christian experiences and spiritual gifts. This assessment explores personal experiences that might indicate which specific gifts you are most and least likely to have. If you have not served before, then you will identify which of your behaviors most approximate the behaviors of those who have certain gifts.
1. Read each statement in the Experience Assessment (pp. 22--
2. Indicate how true of you each statement is by scoring it using the following scale:
3 = Consistently / Definitely true
2 = Most of the time / Usually true
1 = Some of the time / Once in a while
0 = Never / Not at all
3. Put your score (0, 1, 2, or 3) in the appropriately numbered box on the response sheet (p. 21).
* Answer according to who you are, not who you would like to be or think you should be.
* How true of you are these statements?
* What has been your experience?
* To what degree do these statements reflect your tendencies?
5. When you have completed the Experience Assessment, add up each column and record the total above each letter.
discover your spiritual gifts
EXPERIENCE RESPONSE SHEET
The score and its meaning: 3=Consistently / Definitely true
2=Most of the time / Usually true
1=Some of the time / Once in a while
0=Never / Not at all
Respond to the statements on pages 21--30.
Transfer the top three gifts from your Experience
Assessment to the Spiritual Gifts Summary on page 53.
1. I can coordinate people, tasks, and events to meet a need.
2. I enjoy working creatively with wood, cloth, paints,
metal, glass, or other materials.
3. I enjoy developing and using my artistic skills (art,
drama, music, photography, etc.).
4. When I see spiritual complacency, I am willing to challenge it.
5. I have confidence that God not only can, but he will.
6. I give liberally and joyfully to people in financial need or to projects requiring support.
7. I enjoy working behind the scenes to support the work of others.
8. I view my home as a safe and caring place to minister to people.
9. When it comes to my attention, I am honored to regularly pray for someone or for a concern.
10. I am motivated to set goals and influence others to achieve a vision in order to advance God's work on earth.
11. I empathize with hurting people and desire to help in their healing process.
12. I am attracted to the idea of serving in another country or an ethnic community.
13. I have spoken a timely and important prophetic word to others that I felt came to me directly from God while in prayer.
14. I have the ability to communicate the gospel with clarity and conviction.
15. I establish trust and confidence through long-term relationships.
discover your spiritual gifts
16. I am able to communicate God's Word effectively.
17. I can readily distinguish between spiritual truth and error, good and evil.
18. I research and am persistent in my pursuit of knowing the truth.
19. Others often seek me out for advice about personal and spiritual matters.
20. I am careful, thorough, and skilled at managing details.
21. I am skilled in working with different kinds of tools.
22. I help people better understand themselves, their relationships, and God through artistic expression.
23. I enjoy reassuring and strengthening those who are discouraged.
24. I have confidence in God's continuing provision and help, even in difficult times.
25. I give more than a tithe so that kingdom work can be accomplished.
26. I enjoy doing routine tasks that support the needs of ministry.
27. I enjoy meeting new people and helping them feel welcomed.
28. I enjoy praying for long periods of time and receive leadings as to what God wants me to pray for.
29. It is quite natural for me to lead, and it is more comfortable for me to lead than not to lead.
30. I can patiently support those going through painful experiences as they are seeking stability in their lives.
31. I am willing to take an active part in starting a new church.
32. By God's revelation to me, I have been able to shed light on current realities in someone's life that helps them see
God's desire for their future.
33. After I have shared the story of Jesus, people pray with me for salvation.
34. I can faithfully provide long-term emotional and spiritual support and concern for others.
35. I simply and practically explain and clarify the Word for those who are confused or just do not know.
36. I have a 'sixth sense' and frequently am able to identify a person's character based on first impressions.
37. I receive information from the Spirit that I did not acquire through natural means.
38. I can often find simple, practical solutions in the midst of conflict or confusion.
39. I can clarify goals and develop strategies or plans to accomplish them.
40. I can visualize how something should be constructed before I build it.
41. I like finding new and fresh ways of communicating
42. I give hope to others by directing them to the promises of God.
43. I have a special ability to trust God for extraordinary needs.
44. I manage my money well in order to free more of it for giving.
45. I willingly take on a variety of odd jobs around the church to meet the needs of others.
46. I genuinely believe the Lord directs strangers to me who need a sense of belonging and connection to others.
47. I am conscious of ministering to others as I pray.
48. I am usually chosen as the group's spokesperson when in discussion groups.
49. I am drawn toward people who are sometimes regarded as undeserving or beyond help.
50. I can relate to others in culturally sensitive ways.
51. I speak biblical truth in a timely and culturally sensitive way in order to strengthen, encourage, and comfort
52. I'd rather be around non-Christians more than Christians so that I can build relationships with them.
53. I enjoy giving practical support, nurture, and spiritual guidance to a group of people.
54. When I teach, people respond to my teaching with action.
55. I can see through phoniness or deceit before it is evident to others.
56. I seek certainty and truth in order to avoid superficial understandings and speculation.
57. I am surprised by how many people are unable to solve problems and seem to lack common sense.
58. I can identify and effectively use the resources needed to accomplish tasks.
59. I am good at working with my hands and enjoy doing so.
60. I regularly need to get alone to reflect and to develop my imagination.
61. I reassure those who need to take courageous action in their faith, family, or life.
62. I am unwavering in my belief that God will absolutely work in circumstances in which success cannot be guaranteed by human effort alone.
discover your spiritual gifts