- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
This book's useful two-part structure offers a comprehensive source of methods, content, and activities for elementary science educators. Part I provides background and teaching strategies, while Part II explains science concepts followed by activities to teach them. Especially useful for preservice and inservice teachers, the activities include "Teacher Information" and "For Problem Solvers" sections to aid in activity implementation and extensions. For preservice and inservice science teachers from Pre-K to middle school.
SECTION I THEORY AND METHODOLOGY.
1. History and Goals.
2. Principles of Learning.
3. Problem Solving and Research.
5. Diverse Populations in the Classroom.
6. Curriculum Materials and Technology.
7. Planning, Assessing, and Integrating.
8. Social Contexts of Science.
SECTION II CONTENT AND PROBLEM SOLVING ACTIVITIES.
9. The Environment.
12. The Human Body.
14. Energy and the Nature of Matter.
16. Light and Electromagnetic Waves.
18. Electricity and Magnetism.
20. Weather, Seasons, and Climate.
21. The Earth.
22. Beyond the Earth.