- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
"God cannot lead you on the basis of information you do not have." —Ralph Winter
What is God's mission in the world? For anyone passionate about discovering God's heart for the nations, Discovering the Mission of God will reveal his plans for you. Written by 21st-century field workers, scholars and church leaders, this book weaves together the basic components of God's global mission and challenges readers to identify where they fit in the mission of God.
Discovering the Mission of God explores the mission of God as presented in the Bible, expressed throughout church history and in cutting-edge best practices being used around the world today. Drawing from a new generation of scholar-practitioners, this comprehensive reader provides global perspective, recent missiological research, case studies, recommended further readings and relevant discussion questions at the end of each chapter.
Contributors include Bryan E. Beyer Karen O'Dell Bullock R. Bruce Carlton Gary R. Corwin Don Dent Robert Edwards Nathan Evans David Garrison H. Al Gilbert Kevin Greeson Jim Haney J. Scott Holste R. Alton James Patrick Lai William J. Larkin Christopher R. Little Alex Luc Stan May Clyde Meador A. Scott Moreau D. Kurt Nelson Howard Norrish Meg Page John Piper Robert L. Plummer Jerry Rankin Nik Ripken Tom Steffen Ed Stetzer John Mark Terry LaNette W. Thompson Greg Turner Preben Vang Joel. F. Williams Christopher J. H. Wright William R. Yount
Discovering the Mission of God is an indispensable resource for anyone wanting a better picture of what God is doing in the world and how to find one's place in God's global plan.
Acknowledgements Preface Introduction: Discovering the Mission of God Mike BarnettPart One: The Mission of God in the Bible
1. God's Mission Word of God and Mission of God Christopher J. H. Wright The Missionary Message of the New Testament Joel F. Williams The Supremacy of God in Missions through Worship John Piper The Kingdom of God and His Mission Alex Luc God's Great Commissions for the Nations Jeff Lewis
2. God's Method Jesus Christ—the Living Word—and the Mission of God Bryan E. Beyer The Heart of the Task Greg Turner The Church in the Mission of God Preben Vang
3. God's Power The Power of the Gospel Robert L. Plummer The Passion of Christ and the Martyrs Jerry RankinPart Two: The Mission of God in History
4. Ancient Eras The First Decades of the Mission of God William J. Larkin The Ante-Nicene Church on Mission John Mark Terry The Gospel Goes East Greg Turner
5. Missionaries and Movements Monastics on Mission Karen O'Dell Bullock Post-Reformation Missions Pioneers R. Alton James The Great Century Howard Norrish The Global Century Mike BarnettPart Three: The Mission of God Today
6. The Task The State of the Spread of the Gospel Jim Haney Finishing the Task J. Scott Holste Spiritual Warfare and the Mission of God Jerry Rankin Apostles Even Now Don Dent Strategic Prayer for God's Mission Mike Barnett
7. Communicating the Gospel Across Cultures Cultures and Worldviews Stan May Tell His Story so That All Might Worship LaNette W. Thompson Comprehensive Contextualization A. Scott Moreau Effective Bridging and Contextualization Kevin Greeson Back to Basics William R. Yount
8. Through the Church Church-Planting Movements David Garrison Measuring Progress in the Mission of God Gary R. Corwin Breaking Bad Missiological Habits Christopher R. Little Multiplying Leaders on Mission with God R. Bruce Carlton Creative-Access Platforms Tom Steffen Biblical Lessons from the Persecuted Church Nik Ripken and D. Kurt Nelson
9. Co-LaboringWomen on Mission with God Meg Page Caring for God's Missionaries Robert Edwards and Nathan Evans The Trouble with Our Jerusalems Ed Stetzer The Local Church and the Mission of God H. Al Gilbert Where Do You Fit in the Mission of God?