Dissipative Systems Analysis and Control: Theory and Applications / Edition 2by Bernard Brogliato, Rogelio Lozano, Bernhard Maschke, Olav Egeland
Many important physical systems have input-output properties related to the conservation, dissipation and transport of energy. The theory surrounding such "dissipative properties" may be used as a framework for the design and analysis of control systems. The consideration of dissipativity is useful – and may be indispensable – for control applications… See more details below
Many important physical systems have input-output properties related to the conservation, dissipation and transport of energy. The theory surrounding such "dissipative properties" may be used as a framework for the design and analysis of control systems. The consideration of dissipativity is useful – and may be indispensable – for control applications like robotics, active vibration damping and circuit theory and for some control techniques themselves: adaptive, nonlinear-H-infinity , and inverse-optimal control among them.
Dissipative Systems Analysis and Control (second edition) presents a fully revised and expanded treatment of dissipative systems theory, constituting a self-contained, advanced introduction for graduate students, researchers and practising engineers. It examines linear and nonlinear systems with examples of both in each chapter; some infinite-dimensional and nonsmooth examples are also included. Throughout, emphasis is placed on the use of the dissipative properties of a system for the design of stable feedback control laws. The theory is consistently substantiated by experimental results and by reference to its application in illustrative physical cases (Lagrangian and Hamiltonian systems and passivity-based and adaptive controllers are covered thoroughly).
The second edition is substantially reorganized both to accommodate new material and to enhance its pedagogical properties. Some of the changes introduced are:
• Complete proofs of the main theorems and lemmas.
• The Kalman–Yakubovich–Popov Lemma for non-minimal realizations, singular systems, and discrete-time systems (linear and nonlinear).
• Passivity of nonsmooth systems (differential inclusions, variational inequalities, Lagrangian systems with complementarity conditions).
• Sections on optimal control and H-infinity theory.
• An enlarged bibliography with more than 550 references, and an augmented index with more than 500 entries.
• An improved appendix with introductions to viscosity solutions, Riccati equations and some useful matrix algebra.
Table of Contents
Positive Real Systems.- Kalman-Yakubovich-Popov Lemma.- Dissipative Systems.- Stability of Dissipative Systems.- Dissipative Physical Systems.- Passivity-based Control.- Adaptive Control.- Experimental Results.- Erratum.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >