A complete guide to developing and managing robust distributed business applications with IBM's MQSeries
Coauthored by a former IBM professional who was intimately connected with the development of IBM's MQSeries and a middleware expert who is building products based on MQSeries, this book/CD package provides you with all the expert guidance, tips, and software tools you need to get the most out of this incredibly versatile technology.
Distributed Computing with IBM MQSeries is the first book to approach MQSeries implementation from a business/management perspective. Throughout, the emphasis is on using MQSeries messaging and queuing software to solve current and future business problems. Len Gilman and Richard Schreiber introduce you to MQSeries architecture, features, functions, and its future. Then, with the help of many real-life case studies demonstrating successful MQSeries implementation in a broad array of business sectors, from finance to manufacturing, they show you step by step how to:
- Identify when MQSeries is a good fit for your business.
- Get started with MQSeries and streamline the integration process.
- Develop robust distributed applications using MQSeries.
- Solve a wide range of business problems with the software.
- Manage an MQ-based system.
- Recognize and handle potential problems.
- Use reengineered IT processes to take full advantage of MQSeries.
On the CD-ROM you'll find:
- A fully functional software developers' kit for MQSeries Link with Lotus Notes.
- Live video overview of MQSeries.
- MQSeries application simulations, documentation, and product specification sheets.
Also includes tear-out card for FREE one-year subscription to MQ Magazine.