Distributed Leadership: Different Perspectives / Edition 1by Alma Harris
This book argues that the educational environment in many countries has shifted so dramatically and so permanently that we urgently need to re-consider what we understand by educational leadership and educational leadership practice. It focuses on distributed leadership and draws on the emerging evidence about the possibilities and shortcomings of this form of… See more details below
This book argues that the educational environment in many countries has shifted so dramatically and so permanently that we urgently need to re-consider what we understand by educational leadership and educational leadership practice. It focuses on distributed leadership and draws on the emerging evidence about the possibilities and shortcomings of this form of leadership and draws upon the latest empirical findings from studies in different countries that have focused on the relationship between distributed forms of leadership and organizational change. The main aim is to offer contemporary, comparative and challenging accounts of distributed leadership practice.
Distributed Leadership – Different Perspectives outlines current understandings, findings and limitations of the concept of distributed leadership. It brings together different international perspectives on distributed leadership as well as looking at distributed leadership through three major lenses – the empirical, the interpretive and the critical. Leading writers in the field offer contemporary analysis and reflection on the theme and also consider the future issues, challenges and directions for distributed leadership.
Meet the Author
More from this Author
Table of Contents
Section 1 Setting the Scene
1. Distributed Leadership: What we Know
Section 2 Empirical Perspectives
2. Chapter 2
Investigating Connections between Distributed Leadership and Instructional Change Eric M. Camburn and Seong Won Han
3.Taking a Distributed Perspective in Studying School Leadership & Management: The Challenge of Study Operations
James P. Spillane, Eric M. Camburn, James Pustejovsky,Amber Stitziel Pareja, Geoff Lewis
4. The Relationship Between Distributed Leadership and Teachers’ Academic Optimism
Blair Mascall, Kenneth Leithwood, Tiiu Strauss, and Robin Sacks
5. Distributed Leadership in Schools: Does System Policy Make a Difference?
Philip Hallinger and Ronald H. Heck
Section 3 Practical Perspectives
6. Capacity building through layered leadership: Sustaining the Turnaround Christopher Day
7. The Relationship between Distributed Leadership and Action Learning in schools: A Case Study Stephen Dinham
Section 4 Conceptual/ Theoretical Perspectives
8. The Role of Sensemaking and Trust in Developing Distributed Leadership Karen Seashore Louis, David Meyrowetz, Mark Smiley, Joseph Murphy
9. Distributed Leadership: Democracy or Delivery
Andrew Hargreaves and Dean Fink
Section 5 Future Perspectives
10. From distributed to hybrid leadership practice
11. Fit for Purpose: An Educationally Relevant Account of Distributed Leadership.
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >