- La cenerentola (Cinderella), opera: Non più mesta
- L'Italiana in Algeri (The Italian Girl in ALgiers), opera: Cruda sorte!
- La Traviata, opera: Follie! Delirio vano è questo!...Sempre libera
- La Wally, opera (dramma musicale) in 4 acts: Ebben?...Ne andrò lontana
- Andrea Chénier, opera: La mamma morta
- La Gioconda, opera in 4 acts: Suicidio!
- Madama Butterfly (Madame Butterfly), opera: Un bel dì
- Norma, opera: Casta diva
- Tosca, opera: Vissi d'arte
- Otello, opera: Ave Maria
- Carmen, opéra-comique in 4 acts: Habanera (L'amour est un oiseau rebelle)
- Le nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro), opera, K. 492: Dove sono
- Le nozze di Figaro (The Marriage of Figaro), opera, K. 492: Voi che sapete
- Die Zauberflöte (The Magic Flute), opera, K. 620: Queen of the Night's Revenge Aria
- Die Entführung aus dem Serail, opera, K. 384: Durch Zärtlichkeit und Schmeicheln
- Die Walküre (The Valkyrie), opera, WWV 86b: Du bist der Lenz
- Tristan und Isolde, opera, WWV 90
Divas - The Ultimate Album
For decades, Decca had the reputation of being "The Opera Label," so when they call a CD The Ultimate Divas Album, you're guaranteed they'll come through on the promise. From legendary singers such as Renata Tebaldi, Joan Sutherland, and Kirsten Flagstad to Renée Fleming, Angela Gheorghiu, Cecilia Bartoli, and other contemporary stars, the greats are here, sopranos and mezzo-sopranos alike. There is one gap: Maria Callas, perhaps the most fascinating diva of the 20th century, but never under contract with Decca. Regardless, this is a parade of great singers and nearly a "greatest hits" of opera arias. Leontyne Price as Tosca, Tatiana Troyanos as Carmen, and Birgit Nilsson as Isolde are just a few of the portrayals excerpted here, along with a stunning sequence of Mozart arias sung by Kiri Te Kanawa, Frederica von Stade, Sumi Jo, and Kathleen Battle. Any way you slice it, The Ultimate Divas Album offers a surplus of musical pleasure.
- Release Date:
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews