The islands that surround Micronesia's landscape are a scuba divers paradise.
These islands are scattered across five thousand kilometers of the deepest, purest blue hues of the Pacific Ocean. Micronesia is a world of its own with warm breezes, excitingly rich culture, under a beautiful sun surrounded by ocean front. These islands range from steep volcanic peaks covered with dripping green forests, to tiny desert islands.
This is an ultimate diving guide for the Pacific Ocean. Many scuba diving enthusiasts consider Micronesia, with its crystal clear water, rich marine life, and a steady parade of big pelagic fish, to be the single best all–round diving area in the world. Some of the reefs in this great island group are already legendary: Palau's Blue corner, the manta–filled channels of Yap, and Chuuk, with 38 WWII wrecks charted in its lagoon. Our seasoned author covers these and more, taking you beyond the classics to the newest sites in each area.
This guide includes:
- Accurately rendered marine charts for every important area
- Data on seasons, tide and current conditions
- Background sections on marine life and reef ecology
- An extensive practicalities section details prices and contacts for dive operators
- Accommodations and transportation on the islands
Underwater photography is beautifully displayed throughout the guide to help give you a sense of what you might look at or experience when diving in Asia or Diving the Pacific.