The Doctor of Nursing Practice and Clinical Nurse Leader: Essentials of Program Development and Implementation for Clinical Practiceby Joyce J. Fitzpatrick
Designated a Doody's Core Title!
"The construction of the doctor of nursing practice (DNP) and the clinical nurse leader (CNL) set in motion a sea change in graduate nursing education. In this book, Fitzpatrick and Wallace document the history, the driving forces, and the expectations for these new roles while providing a starting point for capacity building for… See more details below
Designated a Doody's Core Title!
"The construction of the doctor of nursing practice (DNP) and the clinical nurse leader (CNL) set in motion a sea change in graduate nursing education. In this book, Fitzpatrick and Wallace document the history, the driving forces, and the expectations for these new roles while providing a starting point for capacity building for the development of DNP and CNL educational programs."
Nursing Education Perspectives
The Research Journal of the National League for Nursing
"This [book] is essential reading for graduate nursing students who are considering pursuing an advanced degree in nursing." Score: 100, 5 stars
This is the first book to document and analyze the development and integration of the Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL) and Doctorate of Nursing Practice (DNP) programs in graduate nursing institutions. Editors Fitzpatrick and Wallace, established authorities in nursing education, present this text as an introduction to these exciting new degrees.
The contributors, ranging from architects of the programs to graduates from the programs, offer valuable information on the objectives, curricula, and expected outcomes of these two educational tracks. Ultimately, the book explores how the development of these new degrees has influenced health care delivery at large. Highlights of this book:
• Delineates core program requirements and outlines what is expected of students in both clinical and academic arenas
• Provides guidance to students making the transition from masters level nursing programs to doctoral level programs
• Includes two chapters written by the AACN Taskforce on the new degrees, with essential information on how to gain and sustain accreditation
• Identifies critical issues underpinning future DNP and CNL program development, and discusses the impact of the new degrees on nursing education, patient outcome, and health care
Offering comprehensive coverage of the DNP and CNL development, this book is required reading for students considering doctorates in nursing, as well as nurse educators and administrators working within the programs.
- Springer Publishing Company, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- New Edition
- Product dimensions:
- 6.20(w) x 9.10(h) x 0.90(d)
Table of Contents
1. Changes in Graduate Nursing Education
2. The Clinical Nurse Leader (CNL)
3. Adapting current Graduate Programs into Clinical Nurse Leader
4. The Clinical Nurse Leader Core
5. Clinical Nurse Leader Clinical Experiences
6. The Doctorate of Nursing Practice
7. Transitioning from Clinical Nurse Leader to Doctorate of Nursing Practice
8. The Doctorate of Nursing Practice Core
9. Doctorate of Nursing Practice Clinical Experiences
10. Certification, credentialing and licensure consideration
11. Impact of Clinical Nurse Leader and Doctorate of Nursing Practice on Clinical Practice and Patient Outcomes
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >