Doctors Book of Food Remediesby Selene Yeager, Prevention Magazine Health Book Staff
- A food that can block the harmful
In just a few years, scientists have found hundreds of substances in foods that go way beyond vitamins and minerals for pure healing power. In, you will learn exactly how to use the "healing foods" to treat and prevent dozens of conditions, from arthritis and fatigue to high blood pressure and stroke.
- A food that can block the harmful effects of secondhand smoke (page 555)
- How to stop cataracts with the carotenoids in spinach (page 123)
- A juice that reduces urinary tract infections by 58 percent (page 545)
- How a substance in grapefruit can help control diabetes (page 185)
- How to cut your risk of heart disease in half with three simple foods (page 276)
- A phytonutrient in buckwheat that prevents cholesterol from sticking to arteries (page 95)
- The beverage that can reduce the risk of stroke by 73 percent (page 511)
- How to stop an infection with nature's sweetener (page 290)
Also included are 150 nutrient-rich recipes that are specially designed to fight and reverse specific health problems.
- Rodale Press, Inc.
- Publication date:
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >