Doing Good: Inspirational Stories of Everyday Americans at Home and at Workby Timothy Harper
A few of them are famous or/i>
Doing Good: Inspirational Stories of Everyday Americans at Home and at Work is a collection of profiles of people who have found a way to make a difference--serving their communities, helping friends and family, improving the quality of life and work for colleagues--doing what they can to make the world a better place.
A few of them are famous or prominent, but most of them not known outside their own communities, including:
· The modern-day Helen Keller.
· The widowed great-grandmother who lives alone in the Rocky Mountains and passes along her outdoors skills to children.
· The college professor who spends his summers teaching poor Appalachian kids to use computers.
· Top business executives using their time, money and skills to make a difference.
· The Big City Forest man.
· The best pickup basketball player in America.
· The senior citizens who help other 'silver surfers' lean to use the Internet.
· The lady brewer.
· The man who invented e-mail.
These stories and more provide lessons for all Americans in how to work, how to play and how to live our lives to the fullest.
- iUniverse, Incorporated
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.48(d)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >