Doing Therapy Brieflyby Robert Bor, Riva Miller, Sheila Gill, Christine Parrott
Pub. Date: 03/01/2004
Publisher: Palgrave Macmillan
With lengthy waiting lists, reduced resources and demands for more clearly defined performance outcomes, more and more counselors, psychotherapists and psychologists are finding themselves under pressure to provide short-term treatment for their patients. To work briefly, however, can not be just the use a diluted version of longer-term therapeutic model. To work… See more details below
With lengthy waiting lists, reduced resources and demands for more clearly defined performance outcomes, more and more counselors, psychotherapists and psychologists are finding themselves under pressure to provide short-term treatment for their patients. To work briefly, however, can not be just the use a diluted version of longer-term therapeutic model. To work briefly is to work differently and to use a new trans-theoretical model.
In Doing Therapy Briefly four experienced counselors and psychologists explore ways of working briefly with clients in psychotherapy. The only book to cover the use of brief therapy within all the different schools of thought, this book presents a clear and refreshing approach to working briefly, based on a tried and tested framework for practice. Readers are introduced to the basic principles and theories that guide therapy practice and gain insight into its application through numerous illustrative examples.
Written by a team of authors with a wealth of experience in the fields of counseling, psychotherapy and care, this authoritative text will be invaluable to students and professionals alike.
- Palgrave Macmillan
- Publication date:
- Edition description:
- Product dimensions:
- 6.00(w) x 9.00(h) x 0.49(d)
Table of Contents
• About the Authors
• Introduction and Overview of Time Sensitive Therapy
• Exploring 'Brief' and 'Time Sensitive Therapy'
• Emancipating Therapy
• Therapy as Conversation
• 'How Have You Managed To Cope So Well?'
• Preparing For The First Therapy Session: Some Parameters To Consider
• Outline of The First Therapy Session: A 'Map' For Practise
• Working Positively and Briefly With a Teenager With a Serious Medical Condition: A Case Study
• Getting Unstuck in Therapy: Adversity as Opportunity
• Cognitive-Behavioural Interventions: Briefly Focused
• Endings and Closure in Therapy
• Brief Therapy in Managed Care
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >