- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
In this fascinating and accessible book, Gen Doy investigates the hitherto neglected meanings of drapery and the draped body in visual culture. The baroque and the classical are her subjects, as are Freud's Gradiva, Clerambault's writings and photographs of draped figures, and the fetishistic play between veiling and repeating. Doy explores the meanings of drapery in recent art, from Christo's wrapped Reichstag to the impact of the modern women's art movement on fine art practice.
Representations of Drapery: An Overview
• Commodification, Cloth, and Drapery
• Fetishism, Drapery, and Veils
• The Fold: Baroque and Postmodern Draperies
• Drapery and Contemporary Art
• The Draped Body and News Photography