Drug Calculations Online for Kee/Marshall: Clinical Calculations: With Applications to General and Speciality Areas (User Guide and Access Code) / Edition 7by Joyce LeFever Kee, Sally M. Marshall, Susan Turner
Pub. Date: 02/28/2012
Publisher: Elsevier Health Sciences
Corresponding to chapters in Clinical Calculations, 7th Edition, by Joyce Kee and Sally Marshall, Drug Calculations Online covers all four major drug calculation methods to help you learn to calculate drug dosages quickly and accurately. First you complete a reading assignment from the text, and then online lesson modules provide opportunities for/b>/i>
Corresponding to chapters in Clinical Calculations, 7th Edition, by Joyce Kee and Sally Marshall, Drug Calculations Online covers all four major drug calculation methods to help you learn to calculate drug dosages quickly and accurately. First you complete a reading assignment from the text, and then online lesson modules provide opportunities for application and practice. Animations, case studies, practice problems, narrated examples, and self-assessment activities reinforce understanding. Using a step-by-step approach to explain the ratio and proportion, formula, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis methods, Drug Calculations Online makes it easy to master each type of dosage calculation.
- Explanations of all four major methods of drug calculation (ratio & proportion, formula, fractional equation, and dimensional analysis) allow you to choose your preferred method.
- Modules correspond to chapters from the textbook, and each includes an overview, objectives, learning outcomes, lesson introductions, a reading assignment, example problems, practice problems, and quizzes.
- Extensive math instruction and review helps you master the basic skills needed to accurately calculate drug dosages.
- Narrated, step-by-step tutorials clearly explain how to solve many of the math practice problems in each of the four drug calculations.
- Animations demonstrate specific concepts related to dosage calculation and drug administration.
- Case studies provide real-life patient scenarios.
- Interactive self-assessment activities include matching, sequencing, labeling, and multiple select activities, allowing you to evaluate and apply your knowledge.
- Quizzes check your understanding of all major topics covered in each module.
- An audio glossary defines terms and shows how to properly pronounce these terms.
- New Prevention of Medication Errors module emphasizes safety in medication administration.
- Updated recommendations from The Joint Commission and the Institute for Safe Medication Practices help in reducing medication errors.
- Updated medication labels and equipment photos reflect themost current medications and technology used in drug administration.
- Elsevier Health Sciences
- Publication date:
- Product dimensions:
- 5.80(w) x 7.60(h) x 0.30(d)
Table of Contents
Basic Math Review
- Systems Used for Drug Administration
- Conversions within Metric, Apothecary and Household Systems
- Interpretation of Drug Labels, Drug Orders, Bar Codes, MAR and eMAR, Automation of Medication of Medication Dispensing Administration, and Abbreviations
- Prevention of Medication Errors NEW!
- Alternative Methods for Drug Administration
- Methods of Calculation
- Methods of Calculation for Individualized Drug Dosing
- Oral and Enteral Preparations with Clinical Applications
- Injectable Preparations with Clinical Applications
- Intravenous Preparations with Clinical Applications
- Critical Care
- Pediatric Critical Care
- Labor and Delivery
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >
DO NOT BUY. DO NOT BUY ACCESS CODE IS INVALID, PRODUCT HAS PREVIOUSLY BEEN USED. THEREFORE WILL NOT WORK AGAIN. DO NOT BUY! SCAM!