Drug Efficacy, Safety, and Biologics Discovery: Emerging Technologies and Tools / Edition 1by Sean Ekins
Pub. Date: 01/09/2009
This book covers key emerging technologies - detailed under About the Topic - in pharmaceutical R & D and how they have substantially impacted (or are currently impacting) drug discovery. The cross-disciplinary collaborations implicit in integrating these technologies with drug discovery operations will fuel the engine for future innovations. This book cuts across… See more details below
This book covers key emerging technologies - detailed under About the Topic - in pharmaceutical R & D and how they have substantially impacted (or are currently impacting) drug discovery. The cross-disciplinary collaborations implicit in integrating these technologies with drug discovery operations will fuel the engine for future innovations. This book cuts across the multiple areas of drug discovery, each chapter authored by pioneers in that field, making for a broad appeal to the chemical and biological scientists and technologists involved in drug discovery and development.
- Publication date:
- Wiley Series on Technologies for the Pharmaceutical Industry Series, #4
- Product dimensions:
- 6.10(w) x 9.30(h) x 1.00(d)
Table of Contents
PART I: DRUG EFFICACY AND SAFETY TECHNOLOGY.
1. Focus on Fundamentals: Towards Better Therapeutic Index Prediction (Jinghai J. Xu and Li J. Yu).
2. High-Throughput Protein-Based Technologies and Computational Models for Drug Development, Efficacy and Toxicity (Leonidas G. Alexopoulos, Julio Saez-Rodriguez and Christopher W. Espelin).
3. Cellular Systems Biology Applied to Pre-Clinical Safety Testing: A Case Study of CellCiphrTM Profiling (Lawrence Vernetti, William Irwin, Kenneth A. Giuliano, Albert Gough, Kate Johnston and D. Lansing Taylor).
4. Systems Pharmacology, Biomarkers and Biomolecular Networks (Aram Adourian, Thomas N. Plasterer, Raji Balasubramanian, Ezra Jennings, Shunguang Wang, Jan van der Greef, Robert McBurney, Pieter Muntendam, and Noubar Afeyan).
5. Zebrafish Models for Human Diseases and Drug Discovery (Hanbing Zhong, Ning-Ai Liu and Shuo Lin).
6. Toxicity Pathways and Models: Mining for Potential Side Effects (Sean Ekins and Josef Scheiber).
7. Computational Systems Biology Modeling of Dosimetry and Cellular Response Pathways (Qiang Zhang, Yu-Mei Tan, Sudin Bhattacharya and Melvin E. Andersen).
8. Stem Cell Technology for Embryotoxicity, Cardiotoxicity and Hepatotoxicity Evaluation (Julio C. Davila, Donald B. Stedman, Sandra J. Engle, Howard I. Pryor II and Joseph P. Vacanti).
9. Telemetry Technology for Preclinical Drug Discovery and Development (Yi Yang).
PART II. BIOLOGICS TECHNOLOGY.
10. Nanotechnology to Improve Oral Drug Delivery (Mayank D. Bhavsar, Shardool Jain, and Mansoor M. Amiji).
11. Functional Glycomics and the Future of Glycomic Drugs (Ram Sasisekharan).
12. Modeling Efficacy and Safety of Engineered Biologics (Jeff Chabot and Bruce Gomes).
13. Regulation of Gene Expression by Small, Non-Coding RNAs: Practical Applications (Roman Herrara and Eric Tien).
PART III. FUTURE PERSPECTIVE.
14. Future Perspectives of Biological Engineering in Pharmaceutical Research: The Paradigm of Modeling, Mining, Manipulation and Measurements (Jinghai J. Xu, Sean Ekins, Michael McGlashen and Douglas Lauffenburger).
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >