Duffer's Debut: An Introduction to Golf Its Culture, Customs & Conventionsby Ted Ronberg
You have, no doubt, remarked, in scanning the myriad of available golf books, that the authors, all blessed with olympian reflexes and hand-eye coordination, first took
- LendMe LendMe™ Learn More
Greetings new golfer! Welcome to the most frustrating, infuriating, intimidating yet greatest of sports. Beware that, in taking up golf, your self-esteem is about to suffer irreparable damage.
You have, no doubt, remarked, in scanning the myriad of available golf books, that the authors, all blessed with olympian reflexes and hand-eye coordination, first took up the sport before the age of ten. Insightfully, you have probably also concluded that there may be a communication gap between these venerated masters of the game and your own tired, ripened and athletically-challenged physique.
Happily, you have just found the holy grail of golf wisdom for beginners. This book is about taking up golf - from a beginner's perspective. Like yourself, the author is a mere mediocre mortal who took up the game in his mature middle years and whose only previous athletic renown was winning a hula hoop contest in a church basement.
There are two things to learn about golf - how to hit a ball and understanding the game. The former is best learned, not from a book, but on a range from a teaching pro. You must also learn about the game's culture, customs and conventions, which is what this book is all about.
Media Comments on Duffer’s Debut:
• “This is the … book that should be mandatory for all golfers to read before they are allowed on the course.” - Flagstick Golf Magazine
• “The book is… humorous and is written from a beginner’s standpoint…middle aged and senior golfers would particularly appreciate it.” – Myrtle Beach Golf News
• “…this golf book is a must-read…Great illustrations, a great gift, a great read…it might even turn you into a great golfer ” - Good Times Retirement Magazine
• “Ronberg…should be commended for his effort.” - Lorne Rubenstein, The Toronto Globe and Mail
• “If you’re thinking of taking up this sport, Ted Ronberg can save you some of the angst you experience.” – Lee-Anne Cusack, CJOH TV
• “Not just for beginners, Duffer’s Debut also has a wealth of valuable information for experienced golfers.”- Bob Durant – host of the Golf Report – AM 740 Radio, Toronto
• “This is the Holy Grail of golf wisdom for beginners” – Bob Sinclair - Eyelevel Golf Products
- Trafford Publishing
- Publication date:
- Sold by:
- Barnes & Noble
- NOOK Book
- File size:
- 14 MB
- This product may take a few minutes to download.
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews