- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Barnes & NobleThe ’68 Avengers were a crime-fighting team in transition: The unforgettable Emma Peel (Diana Rigg) had left, and many fans hurled their bowlers into the Thames in dismay. The Tara King era began with the handicap of carrying on in the shadow of the future Dame Rigg, yet Linda Thorson quickly connected with the dashingly dapper John Steed (Patrick Macnee), and the two established a fine rhythm. During the six episodes compiled here, they managed to navigate through a quagmire of sleeping gas, stolen artwork, and a nasty extortion scheme, with their trademark dry wit and aplomb. Digitally remastered and in full color, this two-DVD set is an essential part of The Avengers legacy. Episodes include:
- The Interrogators: Enemy agents have transformed a dentist’s office into a torture chamber. But why are the "captives" seen sipping tea with their torturers?
- The Rotters: After discovering a fungus that can turn wood into dust, employees of the Institute of Timber Technology start turning up dead. Could it have something to do with the company’s development of a spray that effectively does the same thing?
- Invasion of the Earthmen: A nasty military academy is recruiting British youth in their plan to conquer space, and Steed and Tara have a nightmarish time trying to track them down.
- Killer: After one agent is found wrapped in plastic and pink ribbons, and others keep vanishing at the hands of the mysterious REMAK, it’s up to Steed to confront the deadly truth.
- The Morning After: During a confrontation with an enemy agent, Steed and Tara are knocked out by a cloud of sleeping gas. When they awaken, the town is under martial law, and the threat of an atomic bomb looms...
- The Curious Case of the Countless Clue: After victimizing a number of rich men with a nefarious blackmail scheme, a criminal ring sets its sights on Steed and Tara as their ultimate targets.