- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Barnes & Noble -The ’68 Avengers were a crime-fighting team in transition: The unforgettable Emma Peel Diana Rigg had left, and many fans hurled their bowlers into the Thames in dismay. The Tara King era began with the handicap of carrying on in the shadow of the future Dame Rigg, yet Linda Thorson quickly connected with the dashingly dapper John Steed Patrick Macnee, and the two established a fine rhythm. During the seven episodes compiled here, the duo encounter a Victorian copycat killer, a talking briefcase, and a troubling case of amnesia -- all handled with their characteristic dry wit and aplomb. Digitally remastered and in full color, this two-DVD set is an essential part of The Avengers legacy. Episodes include:
- "Wish You Were Here": When Tara’s uncle doesn’t return from a holiday resort, she goes to investigate, only to find him being held captive in a hotel brimming with double agents.
- "Stay Tuned": Steed returns from a three-week vacation and realizes or rather, fails to realize that he has been stricken with a case of amnesia. Did his sudden affliction occur naturally, or is there something more pernicious at work?
- "Take Me to Your Leader": Steed and Tara get a taste of the surreal when they pursue a talking briefcase from one side of London to the other.
- "Fog": A mysterious villain known as the Gaslight Ghoul is stalking the streets, and the fog is so dense that Steed and Tara can hardly find one another, let alone the killer.
- "Homicide and Old Lace": On his birthday, Mother spins a yarn about Tara and Steed infiltrating the criminal organization Intercrime.
- "Love All": Some of Britain’s top civil servants are committing dreadful security lapses, and a certain femme fatale appears to be at the core of it all.
- "Get-A-Way": One by one, inmates are escaping from a maximum-security prison for enemy agents. It’s up to Steed to stop them, before there’s no one left to stop.