- Shopping Bag ( 0 items )
Barnes & NobleBefore Ridley Scott's Alien exposed the unspeakable horrors lurking in all corners of the universe, Sci-Fi's best known time-traveler had already been-there, done-that. This six-DVD set features Tom Baker, the fourth and most popular Doctor Who, as he travels with his intergalactic sidekick Romana Mary Tamm while they comb the universe for the six segments of the powerful Key to Time. The stories collected here are "The Ribos Operation," "The Pirate Planet," "The Stones of Blood," "The Androids of Tara," "The Power of Kroll" and "The Armageddon Factor." For many Who fans, the Tom Baker years rank among the best. This brand new six-disc collection delivers Baker's pinnacle -- the 1978 "Key to Time" arc -- and features episode commentaries among other DVD extras.
- "The Ribos Operation" Doctor Who and Romana trace the first segment of the Key to Time to a faraway planet plagued with ignorance, con artists, spies and interminably long winters.
- "The Pirate Planet" The search for the Key's second segment is written by The Hitchhiker's Guide to the Galaxy's Douglas Adams, and brings the Doctor to the blissful world of Zanak, whose inhabitants are unaware that pirates are in charge.
- "The Stones of Blood" The third installment brings the good Doctor and Romana to the English countryside and an ancient stone circle known as "The Nine Travelers."
- "The Androids of Tara" Doctor Who takes time out of his busy fishing schedule to pick up the fourth segment of the Key to Time in this swashbuckling homage to The Prisoner of Zenda.
- "The Power of Kroll" "Swampies," octopoids and a host of other pitfalls beset the Doctor as he travels to the moon of Delta Magna to find the fifth segment of the Key.
- "The Armageddon Factor" The final installment in the quest for the Key brings Doctor Who and Romana to Atrios, a planet teetering on the brink of destruction.