Hollywood Rhythm 2: the Best of Big Bands & SwingDirector: Artie Shaw, Casey Robinson, Del Lord, Ethel Merman
- Editorial Reviews
- Product Details
- Special Features
- Related Subjects
- Cast & Crew
- Scene Index
This program is part of a series that chronicles the exuberant era in American music when Swing was King and the Big Bands that played it were the toast of the town. This episode is a compilation of obscure musical shorts, which played in movie theaters before the feature presentations. The short movies feature future stars who were unknown at the time, such as Cary Grant, Ginger Rogers, and Ethel Merman. Their entertaining performances have a reprise in this documentary.
- Release Date:
- Kino Video
- Region Code:
Cast & Crew
|Ginger Rogers||Miss Gravis|
|Marjorie "Babe" Kane||Marian Bradley|
|Franklin Pangborn||Gilbert Sinclair|
|Kathrin Clare Ward||Actor|
1. Blue of the Night: "My Silent Love" Opening Titles
2. "Auf Wiedersehen, My Dear" Bing Crosby
3. "Ev'ry Time My Heart Beats" Bing Crosby
4. "Where the Blue of the Night Meets the Gold of the Day" Bing Crosby
5. The Musical Doctor: Opening Titles
6. "Keep a Little Song Handy" Rudy Vallee
7. The Doctor's Prescription Rudy Vallee
8. "Missin' All the Kissin' (From My Alabammy Mammy)" Rudy Vallee Orch.
9. "Mammy" Rudy Vallee
10. "Keep a Little Song Handy" (Reprise) Rudy Vallee
11. Singapore Sue: Opening Titles
12. "Open Up Those Eyes" Pickard's Chinese Syncopators
13. "How Can a Girl Say No?" Anna Chang
14. "Open Up Those Eyes" (Reprise) Pickard's Chinese Syncopators
15. Office Blues: Opening Titles
16. "(I See Where) We Can't Get Along" Ginger Rogers
17. "Dear Sir" Ginger Rogers
18. Artie Shaw's Class in Swing: "Nightmare" Opening Titles
19. "Fee Wheeling" Artie Shaw Orch.
20. "I Have Eyes" Artie Shaw Orch.
21. "Shoot the Likker to Me, John Boy" Artie Shaw Orch.
22. Her Future: Opening Titles
23. "My Future Just Passed" Ethel Merman
24. "Sing You Sinners" Ethel Merman
25. A Lesson in Love: Opening Titles
26. "I Love Myself Because You Love Me" Helen Kane
27. Favorite Melodies: "My Mother's Eyes" Opening Titles
28. "That's Him Now" Ruth Etting
29. Meet the Boyfriend: "We've Got 'It' But 'It' Don't Do Us No Good" Opening Titles
30. "Sort of Lonesome" Lilliam Roth
31. "Me and the Boyfriend (Jimmy and Me)" Lillian Roth
32. Dram House: "When I Take My Sugar To Tea" Opening Titles
33. "It Must Be True" Bing Crosby
34. "Dream House" Bing Crosby
Select a Song
Bob Wills and His Texas Playboys "Sittin' on Top of the World
Ginger Rogers and Jack Oakie "Used to Be You"
Tallulah Bankhead "It Had to Be That Way"
Kate Smith "Here Lies Love"
Jeanette MacDonald "Love Me Tonight"
Maurice Chevalier "Louise"
The Boswell Sisters "Heebie Jeebies"
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews