Welcome Back Mr McdonaldDirector: Koki Mitani
Kino Video has turned out a so-so DVD for this screwball farce from Japan. Welcome Back Mr. McDonald has received an anamorphic widescreen transfer that is watchable but not great: the colors look nice but the level of detail is a bit soft and the image suffers from some motion blurring. The sound fares better, offering a crisp soundtrack in Japanese that is/i>… See more details below
- Editorial Reviews
- Product Details
- Special Features
- Related Subjects
- Cast & Crew
- Scene Index
Kino Video has turned out a so-so DVD for this screwball farce from Japan. Welcome Back Mr. McDonald has received an anamorphic widescreen transfer that is watchable but not great: the colors look nice but the level of detail is a bit soft and the image suffers from some motion blurring. The sound fares better, offering a crisp soundtrack in Japanese that is accompanied by large, easily-read white subtitles. In terms of extras, there is a theatrical trailer, a photo gallery and a series of brief but informative text biographies of the cast and crew that were penned by critic Patrick Macias. The end result is solid enough for someone who has never seen the film but a fan might be disappointed by the mediocre transfer and slim amount of special features. In short, this DVD of Welcome Back Mr. McDonald is acceptable but doesn't present its film as well as it could.
- Release Date:
- Original Release:
- Kino Video
- [Wide Screen]
Cast & Crew
|Kyoka Suzuki||Miyako Suzuki|
|Keiko Toda||Nokko Senbon|
|Takehiko Ono||Ben Noda|
|Shiro Namiki||Suguru Hosaka|
|Yoshimasa Kondo||Miyako's Husband|
|Toshiyuki Hosokawa||Hamamura Jo|
|Ken Watanabe||Truck Driver|
|Nobuko Miyamoto||Janitor woman|
|Takayuki Hattori||Score Composer|
|Tomio Ogawa||Art Director|
|Tetsuo Segawa||Sound/Sound Designer|
1. "Not the End of the Beginning..." (Opening Titles) [4:52]
2. One or Two Points Concern Me [2:43]
3. Just Add Fish Innards [4:27]
4. "Good Evening, Radio Listeners!" [3:20]
5. Then I'm a Foreigner, Too [2:28]
6. No Pachinko in New York [6:11]
7. Violence Is a Major Motif [2:46]
8. If She's a Lawyer, I'm a Pilot [5:21]
9. "Drama Special: 'Woman of Destiny'" [3:05]
10. Sounds Are Things You Make [5:17]
11. Guten Morgen, Mary Jane [5:19]
12. Breaking Dam, Huh? [1:54]
13. Heinrich: A Quick Profile [4:03]
14. "Beside Her Stood a Brawny Young Man" [12:06]
15. Because Senbon Nokko Says So [6:07]
16. Go Cry in the Hall [9:46]
17. Welcome Back [14:26]
18. We Never Said It Wasn't, Right? (End Titles) [4:53]
Cast & Crew
Koki Mitani (Director/Screenwriter)
Kyoka Suzuki as "Scriptwriter Miyako Suzuki"
Masahiko Nishimura as "Producer Ushijima"
Keiko Toda as "Lead Actress Nokko Senbon"
Jun Inoue as "Actor Hiromitsu"
Toshiaki Karasawa as "Director Kudo"
Akira Fuse as "Executive Producer Horinouchi"
Toshiyuki Hosokawa as "Actor Jo Hamamura"
Kaori Momoi (Cameo Appearance)
Somegoro Ichikawa (Cameo Appearance)
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >