- The Times They Are A-Changin' - Brothers and Sisters of L.A.
- I Shall Be Released - Brothers and Sisters of L.A.
- Lay Lady Lay - Brothers and Sisters of L.A.
- Mr. Tambourine Man - Brothers and Sisters of L.A.
- All Along the Watchtower - Brothers and Sisters of L.A.
- The Mighty Quinn - Brothers and Sisters of L.A.
- Chimes of Freedom - Brothers and Sisters of L.A.
- I'll Be Your Baby Tonight - Brothers and Sisters of L.A.
- My Back Pages - Brothers and Sisters of L.A.
- Just Like a Woman - Brothers and Sisters of L.A.
Dylan's Gospel [LP]by The Brothers and Sisters of L.A.
In 1969, Lou Adler was one of the hottest producers and songwriters in Los Angeles, having worked with the Mamas and the Papas, Carole King, Sam Cooke, Johnny Rivers, the 5th Dimension, Spirit, and many others. Struck by the melodic influences of vintage gospel music in the songs of Bob Dylan, Adler was inspired to bring together some of the best session vocalists in California -- nearly all of whom had a background in gospel -- and make an album that cast some of Dylan's best-known songs in a brand new light. Dylan's Gospel, credited to the Brothers and Sisters of L.A., was the result, with Merry Clayton, Gloria Jones, Clydie King, Edna Wright, Patrice Holloway and many others bring heart, soul, and gospel fervor to tunes like "I Shall Be Released," "Chimes of Freedom," "My Back Pages," "Mr. Tambourine Man," and more. [A 2014 LP version was also released.]
- Release Date:
- Light In The Attic
Performance CreditsBrothers and Sisters of L.A. Primary Artist
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >