Aubrey Malphurs is an experienced pastor, professor, church consultant, and author of several books, including Developing a Vision for Ministry in the 21st Century, Planting Growing Churches in the 21st Century, and Maximize Your Effectiveness.
The Dynamics of Church Leadershipby Aubrey Malphurs
Set within the fictional story of a successful, experienced pastor counseling a younger, struggling peer, Aubrey Malphurs explores the essential elements of pastoral leadership in a changing world. He provides pastors the opportunity to examine their vocation's structure and participate in a process of definition and discovery in the following areas:
- balancing achievement with personal character development
- understanding the three-faceted role of leader, protector, and teacher
- defining core values, mission statement, and strategy
- clarifying relationships with congregation, staff, and board
- developing a theology to accommodate change and the surrounding culture
Included are a core values audit for use in the church and sample core values and vision statements.
The Dynamics of Church Leadership is one of the first in a six-volume series that provides both experienced and beginning pastors with concise information to help them perform the task of ministry with efficiency, fruitfulness, and joy. Rooted in basic principles rather than passing fads, these practical books by recognized authorities address topics of perennial interest and offer sound guidance.
Meet the Author
and post it to your social network
Most Helpful Customer Reviews
See all customer reviews >