Considerable progress has been made in recent years both in the recognition of dyslexia and in teaching approaches. Yet, parents can often feel confused and anxious when they are told that their child has dyslexia.
With proper information and support, parents can play a vital role in helping their child to thrive and achieve their full potential. Dyslexia: A Complete Guide for Parents is designed to allow parents to do just that. Here you will find straightforward advice on:
- what dyslexia is and how it can be identified
- strategies to use at home to complement work at school
- how to work with professionals and what their responsibilities are
- alternative and controversial approaches
- legislation and resources in different countries, including the UK, Ireland, USA, Canada, Australia and New Zealand.
Including first-hand accounts of parents’ hopes, successes and setbacks, and extensive lists of organisations and resources to help, Dyslexia: A Complete Guide for Parents offers crucial information and advice, as well as encouragement and hope.